GYM

sam bignell

My advice is to consistency and keep it simple at first. Lay out a meal plan and stick to it each day. That way it's simple and consistent. Eating to put on muscle is very different to what most people have been brought with so making sweeping changes in one go is pretty tough. You need to make it a habit, where it becomes second nature.

My advice is to consistency and keep it simple at first. Lay out a meal plan and stick to it each day. That way it's simple and consistent. Eating to put on muscle is very different to what most people have been brought with so making sweeping changes in one go is pretty tough. You need to make it a habit, where it becomes second nature.

It's person dependent, most people can't switch over to a high protein, high carb diet where you're eating every 2.5 hours but for some people it's the only way.

When I first started I had to do it all in one go, if you're going to do it you may as well do it 100%. Obviously that isn't everyone's approach.

Eating/training right is a lifestyle. I train 4 hours a week but I eat all day, 7-8 times a day, every day, every month, every year...

This is a really good thread... hoping someone can help. :)

I'm looking to lose the belly a bit and become a bit more toned. The exercise isn't too much of a problem, I used to do a lot of running and I have a very physical job where I'm always on the move (lifting, running up and down stairs lol), but the diet is the bit I struggle with. I've cut out the biscuits, take-aways and fizzy drinks but what's best for meals during the day? Obviously need something easy to make (minus an oven) that's gonna keep me going all day.

I'm gonna join my local gym too... what sort of training do I need to do? Basically looking to tone up a bit and work on my upper body strength.. :)

Pre Prepping all your food is the big thing that helps , it stops you going and making excuses in your own head on why its ok to have that crappy plate of chips lol

I basically have the same problem as you , i dont always have the facilities to cook or warm up food so i usually make dishes where it can easily be eaten cold.

A very basic diet would be

Porridge or low sugar and salt museli etc for breakie

10-10:30- fruit as a snack

12-12:30- 200g of chicken with either a small portion of rice ,pasta or if your going with a salad go for spinich

3-3:30- fruit or protein shake

5- 5:30- 200g chicken or fish with veg like broccoli green beens etc

9- 9:30 casien protein

And up your water to around 2-4 litres a day min

This is a very rough guide and would need to be adjusted to your weight and the amount/type of training your doing