De-Badging my Arosa and Lowering

JTucker91

Hey, only just got the Arosa (mk1) and it is quite clearly too high so what is the best thing to do (possibly coilovers?). Also I would like to remove the badges from the back and possibly off the grill, just wondering would it damage the paint (its like a glossy "imperial seat blue" I think) and what is the best way about taking them off.

Thank You

welcome along buddy to club lupo,

i reckon the best upgrade for any lupo/arosa is deff coilovers, 60mm drop all round is a nice look unless u wanna slam it down think some of the guys on here have gone 100mm down, maybe more i dunno, i dont think it will damage your paint, the easyest way i no that job done is using a hair dryer to heat the glue and using something not sharp to lift the edge of the badge, i did mine with a very blunt knike covered with 2 socks, anyway have fun on here and stick up some pics of your baby,,,

OK, ill have a look into some coil overs, ill put up some pictures in the next couple of hours, been working on a parcel shelf as i didn't have one when i got it. just need to get the material and speakers for it now :)

Needs a bit of a clean, i know. just havent got round to it.

1zn0db8.jpg

2s8qrs3.jpg

20z751h.jpg

Working on the parcel shelf, just need to get the speakers and put a strengthning beam on the bottom as it is only made from ply and then get the carpet stuff for it.

119wac2.jpg

Also, could anybody tell me where i can get some decent steels/alloys for it which dont cost too much

Edited by JTucker91

Really clean example, Coilovers are well worth the money for the extra drop. If your not to fussed on quality most people go for TA technics or FK coilovers.

The badges should come off no bother, I just ripped mine off ghetto style and used some tar ang glue remover to take off the residue.

As for steels you can by G60 steels (original mk2 golf steel) for around £150 new from VW Dealership. You should be able to find the part number and pics online.

• Like 1

id lower it using some coilovers which a guy is selling brand new sets on here for 220quid bargain! you're not going to need anything better unless you're planning on rallying your rosa!

maybe spray the wheels trims black or anthracite until you get some nice wheels.

here, i did a photoshop:

Untitled-12.jpg

nice base to start with that is, love the colour,

with out trying to shoot you down straight away

have a look around members rides and photoshop section

see what people have or havnt done

and then figure out where you want to go and do it

other than that, nice ride

Matt. :)

Same colour as my sport :)

T do the rear pour plenty of hot water of the badges to ease the rubber tape off, and pick them off gently with something blunt, I used ny rac membership card, youl nEed to guve it a good polish afterwards, and the big seat badge even comes off on the mk1 for extra smothing :)

vy5l4g.jpg

bought some felt and spray paint, sprayed the underside satin black and stuck the felt on top. once it has dried, (probably later on this evening) i will fold it over and staple it around, then stick it in the car, also found some really cheap speakers which will be perfect for it, £12, so once i withdraw some more money ill get them in.

looking good, love the colour.

i have just debadged my mk1 arosa front and back, a heat gun will sort the back badges out and a very sharpe scraper, and some pile of concentration. front you can get a full de badge grille for about 30quid off awsome. and as far as lowering, i used eibach springs over kyb struts. but it seems people like to go the coilover route... depends what you prefer.

Yeh you can get the front grilly from ebay for £20-30. Love these little cars, its all about the suttleties.

26032010219.jpg

26032010222.jpg

26032010223.jpg

Seat Arosa SE 04, New fuel injection and air filter, 14inch Enkei rims, Borla racing exhaust, Full Vibe soundsystem with DVD player, Slightly lowered.

cool color.

BMW bottle tops would look dapper on that mk1 cheap as you like on ebay.

Coil-overs are always worth the money. TA Technix are £220 delivered well worth saving up for

because arch gap makes baby Jesus cry

• 3 months later...

debadging is easy, hot water and some fishing wire!! Jobs a good'n

OH just remember to lift the boot so the hot water doesn't touch the rear bumper or you'll be for a good after noon of elbo grease and t-cut!!

• 3 years later...