My Fox...

ermmurray

Cheers, i'll try the sub later on today. gonna leave the bump strips just now lol. I've recently fitted a piper cross induction kit to mine's and a pioneer head unit. Bought an exhaust too but looks like i'll have to cut the original one off!! When are you getting your coilovers fitted, lookin forward to seein the pics.

doing the coileys myself.. cant be that hard.. i helped my mates do theres so i guess i know what im doing.. (mk1 caddy, mk1 golf, seat leon)

dont worry about the strips tho man.. i think i made it sound harder than it is.. you shouldnt have any problems.. just make sure you get some sticky stuff remover thats made for cars so it doesnt strip the paint!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

doing the coileys myself.. cant be that hard.. i helped my mates do theres so i guess i know what im doing.. (mk1 caddy, mk1 golf, seat leon)

dont worry about the strips tho man.. i think i made it sound harder than it is.. you shouldnt have any problems.. just make sure you get some sticky stuff remover thats made for cars so it doesnt strip the paint!

Think im gonna install 6x9's 1st, ive got them sittin here. Any chance you cold tell me how u done yours? just not sure about where the wires go.

How is the Fox getting on ? is it lowered yet ?

not yet.. coilovers havn't come yet.. the guy told me they had to be ordered in from germany so might take a while.. ill post pics as soon as there on....

Sounds good! im looking forward to it. Im doing exact the same to my Fox so ill be able to see what it looks like, should look amazing!

just de-wipered mine today, looks class and only a 5min job!

Sounds mint mate! you no when you say de-wipered, do you mean just the rear wiper ?

Once its lowered, which wheels will you be going for ? im curious.

Are you going for euro style ? deep dish and nice and wide. Personally i would go for euro style look as it will look amazing on the Fox.

Im going euro style on mine.

yeah just the rear wiper

Sounds mint! how did you do that ? did it take 5 mins ? im looking to do that to mine, and also removing the bump stripes and de-badging it.

You'll need to buy a 25mm blanking grommet. You just lift up the bolt cover on the wiper arm, unscrew that bolt, then pull off the wiper, then pull off the cover on the inside of the boot door, disconnect the electrical wire and the water pipe, then slacken off the 3 bolts holding the wiper motor on, just pull the motor towards you and you will be left with a rubber seal in the hole, take that out and replace with your blanking grommet, job done, all u need to do now is stick the electrical wire and the water pipe down with tape so there is no rattling then pop your cover back on.

You'll need to buy a 25mm blanking grommet. You just lift up the bolt cover on the wiper arm, unscrew that bolt, then pull off the wiper, then pull off the cover on the inside of the boot door, disconnect the electrical wire and the water pipe, then slacken off the 3 bolts holding the wiper motor on, just pull the motor towards you and you will be left with a rubber seal in the hole, take that out and replace with your blanking grommet, job done, all u need to do now is stick the electrical wire and the water pipe down with tape so there is no rattling then pop your cover back on.

Thankyou for your help Flying_Fox! i shall do that very soon i think! What else have you done to your fox ? or planning to do ?

Thankyou for your help Flying_Fox! i shall do that very soon i think! What else have you done to your fox ? or planning to do ?

I've just fitted a piper cross induction kit, Pioneer head unit and fli active 12" subwoofer. Got some 6x9's and a savage backbox to fit just now. Plannin on lowering it, tinting windows, interior retrim, full body kit and respray, should be done by the end of the year.

Edited by Flying_Fox

Once its lowered, which wheels will you be going for ? im curious.

Are you going for euro style ? deep dish and nice and wide. Personally i would go for euro style look as it will look amazing on the Fox.

Im going euro style on mine.

these are the wheels ive got.. they need alot of work tho.. once my bloody coilovers have come and theure on the car ill have more motivation to do these...

_MG_8847.jpg

I've just fitted a piper cross induction kit, Pioneer head unit and fli active 12" subwoofer. Got some 6x9's and a savage backbox to fit just now. Plannin on lowering it, tinting windows, interior retrim, full body kit and respray, should be done by the end of the year.

Sounds really good! it will look mint. Are you going euro style with it ? what bodykit you using ?

these are the wheels ive got.. they need alot of work tho.. once my bloody coilovers have come and theure on the car ill have more motivation to do these...

_MG_8847.jpg

Those wheels look really nice! Once lowered and these are on your fox will look mint.

Dunno if i'll go euro style, i'm lookin at the kit on RDX Race design.

Oh right ok, ive seen that, i personally think its terrible, dosn't look nice at all, spoils the look of the fox. Should keep the body work standard and smooth it all out, slam it and stick 15" deep dishes on it. That would look the bomb.

Thats just my opinion thoe, but i recommend you go euro as that body kit is nasty. :lol: