Silver GTi on Traffic Cops

dxg

It makes me sick how one person gets a 40 odd day ban and others get worse for doing 100 at midnight, and how some people get away with speeding and others dont, I hate it how they pick and chose in stupid ways how to punish, i understand that somone doing 40 in a 30 at 3am dosent deserve to be in any real toruble but its when cases are exactly the same and one person is better off than the other, i just think its really unfair. I know theres no real solution to such issues because you cant have everyone speeding getting a the same exact ban or whatever, but I would just be really annoyed if i did 124 down the same mway at the same time (I wouldent) and got caught and got a longer ban, then saw this on TV. Just had to have a moan! Police have always been fair with me anyways, just dont like it when some get it easy and some dont!

I had to attend court 4 times after daring to contest doing 39 in a duel lane 30 zone.

Threw the towel in at the end of the day as it was just getting farcical with the engineers they brought along as witnesses. SP30 - 3 points and £450 total fine

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol my step mum shouted are you on the tele when they were chasing him! thats about 10mins from my house and its true, anyone who travels down there knows that there are police sat there farr too regular to be doing them kind of speeds.

quite impressed at the speed, bet poor lad needed to change his pants after tho!

I got asked at work if it was me on the telly last night! :lol:

That bit is a nice stretch of road but bloody awful when the sun is like that. If hes local then should know that they like to sit there!

Edited by andyp

I really do not think the lad is going to up to this one as im sure a fiar fe wfolk are going to give him some abuse :lol:

Cant believe he only got A 42 day ban...Up here he would have been straight off the road with an instant resit.

Yeah, that's right, but did he get any points?

Incidentally, watching that video caused me to set off late for Uni, meaning that I had to do 125mph to get there in time!

That's not true actually, I did 70mph and was 30 minutes late.

I think he got 6 points? Just off what was said at the start of this thread, i didn't watch it till the end so im not sure.

He got a 42 day ban, which means he didn't have to retake his test. (56 days or over according to the program) No points mentioned though - probably because if you get 6 points you have to retake your test (in the first two years)

Edited by Petes 16V Sport

lol my step mum shouted are you on the tele when they were chasing him! thats about 10mins from my house and its true, anyone who travels down there knows that there are police sat there farr too regular to be doing them kind of speeds.

quite impressed at the speed, bet poor lad needed to change his pants after tho!

andy admit it , it was you!!! must admit im disappointed with the driver know lupo's go faster along there :coffee: ........

I didnt like how the police man was thinking the engine was gonna explode.

Lol I thought the same, he clearly didn't know what it was, they go faster than 124 thats for sure and im talking gps as well lol.

Get into work today "Ben i saw you on TV last night"

Didnt even see Traffic Cops last night because i was out so i was like what the hell are you on about.

Glad he did that speed so i dont have to tbh.

Was daft really, i know i wouldnt be happy doing that in mine.

You'll need the very latest flash and safari but other than that its been working great since launch.

You can even get iPlayer on the iPhone, which is very handy in my lunch time.

Aaah, I'm using firefox not safari. Ah well.

Oh & this really annoyed the young lad in work who drives a puma - he's spent most of this week trying to convince me his glorified fiesta is better than a lupo GTI. Epic fail. :shades: