Remaining GTI & Sport Numbers

99hjhm

5 whites, 1 cream and 1 grey

Notifying the DVLA of a colour change doesn't mean the vehicle is being re-registered. As the graph shows, Linz's cream/ivory is a '51 plate and it still shows it as being registered in 2001 even though it was only sprayed this colour a couple of years ago.

I will quote this again:

The only time the same car can add an extra number is if it was exported from the U.K. then imported again

Edited by LupoGTiNAB

There are a fair few white gti's arent there,

Funny that the orange gti isnt up there? take it they never re-registered it being orange,

Would be nice to know how many white lupo sports there are.. ;)

Good work though james.

...and Jon, I think there was only a few Laser Blue, so technically speaking...

:huh:

Oh! and get a Member Car thread up or else.

Laser Blue is like the Holy Grail of Lupo GTI ownership. It's pretty difficult to come by, don't you know.

:bleh:

There are a fair few white gti's arent there,

Funny that the orange gti isnt up there? take it they never re-registered it being orange,

Good work though james.

Thanks! Well.. send an email to this place:

VEHICLES.STATS@dft.gsi.gov.uk

They hold a lot of infomation on makes, models and colours. A guy called Osman will probably answer it for you. He's probably fed up of my emails by now.

Laser Blue is like the Holy Grail of Lupo GTI ownership. It's pretty difficult to come by, don't you know.

:bleh:

What the deal about Raven blue and/or Laser blue GTI's?? There was a thread on German LupoClub but I couldn't follow it to well.

Was there a mix up and some got painted Laser? Or they just change the shade half way through production?

Ahh, this would explain it then.

Raven Blue were the GTI's until the summer of 2003, then made the change in production from Wolfsburg to Brussels and then came the Laser Blue.

I'm not 100% sure wether they knew the exact date either.

I think VW replaced Raven Blue with Laser Blue on all models in 2005. So any 05 registered blue Lupo GTI's will be Laser.

I think.

I concur. But the 2005/06 brochure I have says Laser Blue is available only on non GTI models, so I don't know how anyone managed to order a GTI in that colour!

In 2005 I was temping for my local VW dealer's fleet sales department and for one month I did a stint in sales assisting the sales team. I did a national search out of interest... it was September 2005 and I thought "there cannot be any more Lupo GTIs left around" but I was still able to select "Lupo" then "GTI" and I remember seeing one of those that was available, sitting in a field somewhere, was finished in Laser Blue. By this time, the Golf MK V had been out for about a year, and I think Laser Blue was an available colour on that for the first year or two, so it would have made sense that the colour was made available for the Lupo range.

Besides I guess it had to replace the Raven Blue, as it was discontinued on the Bora, and much longer beforehand discontinued when the MK III phase II Polo ceased production, and I think they were the only two other VW models which were available in Raven Blue during their production run.

Good thread by the way.

I concur. But the 2005/06 brochure I have says Laser Blue is available only on non GTI models, so I don't know how anyone managed to order a GTI in that colour!

Does it say in the 05/06 brochure that Raven Blue was still availiable for the GTI?

In 2005 I was temping for my local VW dealer's fleet sales department and for one month I did a stint in sales assisting the sales team. I did a national search out of interest... it was September 2005 and I thought "there cannot be any more Lupo GTIs left around" but I was still able to select "Lupo" then "GTI" and I remember seeing one of those that was available, sitting in a field somewhere, was finished in Laser Blue. By this time, the Golf MK V had been out for about a year, and I think Laser Blue was an available colour on that for the first year or two, so it would have made sense that the colour was made available for the Lupo range.

Besides I guess it had to replace the Raven Blue, as it was discontinued on the Bora, and much longer beforehand discontinued when the MK III phase II Polo ceased production, and I think they were the only two other VW models which were available in Raven Blue during their production run.

Good thread by the way.

You don't still happen to work for Volkswagen do you? :)

Great work Columbo, sorry James.

Linz gets a line all to herself, cant believe she is selling the rarest GTI out there. :o

Like the bloke who tried to sell the nicest Lupo around, silly man! :coffee::lol:

I emailed that address you supplied up there about Arosa sports and got one back saying the people you need to contact are in this link, there will be a charge?

What the hell, did it cost you ?

Whaa! :blink: No, he seemed to have the Lupo GTI information to hand, no charge. I presumed they just had a database.

They send you a link similar to this? http://www.businessl...emId=1082032477

He only said to try a place with in the link when I asked about something they did not know. I asked about information on SORN and written off cars, which they didn't have, so he said try one of the places in the link, and said they would probably charge a fee to do that.

They might not have the information on the Arosa? But that would be a little strange. I'll send them an email aswell, see if I can get a better response. I will also about about white Lupo Sports for Rich. :rolleyes:

Does it say Seat Arosa Sport in the log book? or just Seat Arosa? Also same question for Lupo Sports?

No. It only lists Reflex silver, Black, Tornado Red and Anthracite.

Hmm, interesting?!

There are blue 04/05 GTI's are there not?

I emailed that address you supplied up there about Arosa sports and got one back saying the people you need to contact are in this link, there will be a charge?

What the hell, did it cost you ?

Ok for the Arosa and Lupo Sport owners...

Not sure why they didnt help you out Lal B3N, :wacko: so according to the Department for Transport Vehicles Licensing Statistics the numbers of Arosa Sports registered to be legally on the road as of September 2009..

table1sport.jpg

Comparison MK1 to MK2..

graph2-1.jpg

Good work though James.

Now for the statistics of the Lupo Sports...

table2sport.jpg

and the comparison of Petrols to Diesels..

graph1.jpg

White, is the overall rarest colour for Lupo Sport then Rich. ;)

Edited by 99hjhm

out of curiosity, wasnt there a thread about gti production numbers and on the road numbers about a year or two ago on here? and then it was rumoured to be around 600 gti's registered in the UK? that was obviously wrong. oh and silver is obviously best thats why its so popular :P

out of curiosity, wasnt there a thread about gti production numbers and on the road numbers about a year or two ago on here? and then it was rumoured to be around 600 gti's registered in the UK? that was obviously wrong. oh and silver is obviously best thats why its so popular :P

Yep. 'Lupo GTI production numbers' thread, quote..

By the way the DVLA has 625 GTI's on there records!

Got it from the super computer at work, and yes it would suggest that over 300 have been written off!

I doubt almost 40% of them had been written off/off road before the year 2008.

Not sure about Silver being the best, ;) but I'm pretty sure the place I got the figures from supply them to the DVLA, and 903 sound a little more accurate considering approx 1000 got sent to the UK.

Yes thanks for that info! Makes me want to keep mine for ever!, I did email the bloke and he responded with data but i couldnt open the files,

Mk2 Arosa in white! how cool, Lets hunt it down!

Thank you for your recent email, requesting information on the Volkswagen Lupo GTI.

I have spoken to our Sales and Generalist Team who have confirmed that a total of two hundred and seventy Volkswagen Lupo GTI's were sold in the UK.

Unfortunately, our Sales and Generalist Team were unable to provide me with a breakdown on colours for the vehicles sold.

I hope this information proves useful.

Thank you for contacting Volkswagen UK.

Yours sincerely

Customer Service Advisor

Volkswagen Customer Service

Err.. Yeah, 270 GTI's, not even close lol. :lol:

At least they replied in the end.. :rolleyes:

...and if VW doesn't even know correct figure themselves for the number of GTI's sold in the UK, then we will never know exactly.

So just under 1000 GTI's seems fair?

Very interesting. Wonder where the "cream/ivory" came from? I registered it as cream and thats what it is on the reg doc.

Errrm, not sure.

Put the number plate through vehicle enquirey and the car is still registered as Silver, so has not been changed to Orange.

• 3 weeks later...

Very interesting. Wonder where the "cream/ivory" came from? I registered it as cream and thats what it is on the reg doc.

Assume they choose a general colour category from their database the same as silver\aluminium.

Would be interesting to know how they categorise the "silver" Arosas as the colour is actually Arctic Grey.