Remaining GTI & Sport Numbers

99hjhm

Remaining GTI numbers below, and Arosa + Lupo Sport numbers on page 3

I got in contact with the DVLA with regards to the number of remainding Lupo GTI's registered in the UK. They got back to me and put me in contact with Department of Transport's Statistics Office. Who I then spoke to, and they were very helpful. They sent me two excel documents with the statistics for the remainding registered Lupo GTI's in the UK.

In total there are 903 Lupo GTI's registered to be legally on the roads in the UK as of the end of September 2009. Which is a lot more than previously thought (approx 600+). This 903 doesn't even include any cars on SORN.

Below is the breakdown of the data, with how many of each colour remain, including resray colours (as of September 2009 according to the Department of Transport's Statistics Office)

So..

table3.jpg

Comparison graph..

table1.jpg

Here is the second document I requested, regarding the registration numbers in each year and of each colour GTI...

table4.jpg

Here is just a breakdown of the results, I presume the 2007/8 ones are re-registered cars.

table2.jpg

Also, on the German LupoClub.info I found out that a total of 6370 Lupo GTI's were produced in Germany between 1999 and 2005, with production ending on the 25th June 2005. With 1580 GTI's remaining for sale in the German market.

Edited by 99hjhm

I want to know the split between reflex and moon :)

...and Jon, I think there was only a few Laser Blue, so technically speaking...

:huh:

Oh! and get a Member Car thread up or else.

I doubt they will have that info - on the docs for the car it will just say 'silver' so they wont be able to differentiate

Not good enough. You'll just have to get onto VW and ask them...

...and there is probably a very good reason why most were silver. 'Cause it's the best colour!

:rolleyes:

I want to know the split between reflex and moon :)

I'd like to know this too, only found out the other day that Rob's is actually Moon Silver!!

Very interesting to know this information.. would love a red GTi now :D

The stats are UK only, Silver must be right, some reregistrations or imports in there.

True but you can't also rule out that the GTi's registered after 2005 could have been exported then imported again by British Owners who may have been moving abroad for a while.

EDIT: Also which silver is thought to be the least numbers?

Edited by LupoGTiNAB

It you put a car back on its original plate after being on a cherished transfer would it add another one to the above figures?

No, registration is when the vehicle was first registered in the U.K. not when a particular vehicle registration number was given to it. The only time the same car can add an extra number is if it was exported from the U.K. then imported again, thus being it's first registration all over again but it would still have to bear a registration plate of it's first ever registration year.

Edited by LupoGTiNAB

• 2 weeks later...

-Update-

So sent out some more emails...

Got in contact with the Volkswagen Wolfsburg factory in Germany, inquiring about two things: One, how many GTI's were sent to the UK and two, how many of each colour were made in total.

They could not provide the numbers of each colour made 'because it is for use within the Volkswagen organization only.' :confused:

But regarding the numbers of GTI's sent to the UK, they forwarded the message I had sent them to the UK VW importers in Milton Keynes. So hopefully they will be able to say the exact number.

:)

Also I have sent 2 emails to VW in the UK, about various information, but they haven't repsonded to the first email I had sent, so they haven't been very helpful as of yet.

Is it just me thats confused by there being 2 from 2007 and 2 from 2008?

Yes, searched around a bit, found a Silver 03 GTI for sale. Very high spec, which was imported to the UK, from Guernsey (Channel Islands) in 2008. So thats one of the four anomalies, on the charts. But then found another Silver 05 GTI which had been imported. So that could be the 2007 one, or just another one to confuse the numbers. :mellow:

True but you can't also rule out that the GTi's registered after 2005 could have been exported then imported again by British Owners who may have been moving abroad for a while.

Yes that could be true for quite a few of them...

5 whites, 1 cream and 1 grey ("Nissan grey" one was originally silver) would mean 7 double registrations\entries on those charts.

So would prove the figures to be skewed.

There was a red Jap import for sale in 2006 or 2007 unregistered (damage repaired IIRC) so I would assume more came too.