Wurring noise when driving. HELP PLEASE

theres anouther thread simlar to this loads of peoples are making a 'wurring noise' it says in the other thread

aparently having low PAS fluid makes it whine like hell

i plan to top mine up on monday to see if it does anything to mine

keep us updated tho bud :)

well it would be a trek for you, since me, spoorsy and sam all live relatively close lol

I had mine checked at the weekend and the guy said its my pads, there's a piece of metal sticking out from them and its coming into contact with the disc. This can be seen on the disc as there's a massive groove.

I will have to have a check next week and see if this is correct!

well it would be a trek for you, since me, spoorsy and sam all live relatively close lol

I had mine checked at the weekend and the guy said its my pads, there's a piece of metal sticking out from them and its coming into contact with the disc. This can be seen on the disc as there's a massive groove.

I will have to have a check next week and see if this is correct!

I've recently changed my pads but it still makes this noice :((

Hmmm i am just going to change mine and see if it makes a difference, an excuse to buy some green stuff pads!

i shall do, although i have read some where they give off a lot of excess brake dust!? maybe just me thinking i have read this.

i have a horrible feeling my noise has something to do with my gearbox as the sound stops when i put the clutch down :(

is this the same for everyone else?

im going to have a look during the easter hols, need to do my brakes anyway so will have a look then.

I think ive sorted what it is on mine

Hole in the exhaust, blew the other day

I think the noise was the small hole vibrating the metal wire bit, no idea what its called but the section that covers that flexy bit, manifold to exhaust.

It makes sence that the noise appears regardless of gear and when ever I put my foot down. Which would mean that there is more air going through the exhaust and rattling the wire bit, through the hole

Going to get it sorted as soon as I can the report back

Sam