VW or Audi

Putney

Golf R or S3  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How much is a BMW 135i with M styling? I would probably go for one of those or a Porsche Cayman for that kinda dough.

Arnt the 135's like twin turbocharged?

Just checked and they have 301hp thats mental!!!

Edited by 2001gti

I was at my local VW dealer yesterday, had a close look at the R demo they had, was nice but I wasnt blown away, missed a trick with the styling, interior is pretty much the same as all the rest, no recaro buckets as standard, wheels nothing special.

S3 sportback for me out of your choose but R36 passat CC :wub:

Guest Lauryn

S3 everytime. I've now drove a Mk4 and Mk5 R32 and both were not that great, looks and sound yes, driving no. Whether or not the new Golf is the same I dont know. I also had a shot of a nice Sprint Blue S3 last night and loved it. So S3 for me please out of those two! :shades:

Guest Lauryn

How much is a BMW 135i with M styling? I would probably go for one of those or a Porsche Cayman for that kinda dough.

I'm after a 135 M Sport in white next, or a new S3 in Sprint Blue or Solar Orange :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

I've just looked, £34k with the auto box, paint, full leather, and a few tiny options. Bargain.

Did someone just say the FRS was VFM ? :D

Either way, they're all rediculous money, IMO. Unless you HAD to have a new car, you'd be off your rocker to pay £30k for either.

If I was a resolute VAG man, for £30k I'd have an RS4 on the driveway. NA 4.2 V8 with an 8200rpm limit or a 2.0 4pot Turbo?? And don't quote running costs at me - if you can afford a £30k car you can afford to run an RS4.

And a shade over £30k will get you into a 997 Porsche.

I think all these people buying 30-40k Golfs should lend me a few quid so I can get a Dakar Yellow E36 M3 Evo please :)

Sorry but 30k Golf, pull the other one! Although I have heard they've sold well so they must be doing something right.

i personally would save myself nearly 10 grand and get a Seat Leon Cupra K1 in candy white. a remap with no extra mods takes it from 240bbhp as standard to 315bhp. with a few extra mods you can get 350. looks the nuts too.

in fact i just looked and the K1 is a limited edition mod version, and get this, for the standard cupra k1 with no added extras the car costs 20,495 on the road. thats 13k cheaper than the S3!!!!

here are some pics:

1960-SEAT-Leon-Cupra-K1-Body-Kit-Li.jpg

1962-SEAT-Leon-Cupra-K1-Body-Kit-Li.jpg

1961-SEAT-Leon-Cupra-K1-Body-Kit-Li.jpg

and with a few little mods from the money you saved:

47original.jpg

AETV85009828_1b.jpg

I'm after a 135 M Sport in white next, or a new S3 in Sprint Blue or Solar Orange :wub:

p.s. your signature is seriously distracting, i like :D