VW or Audi

Putney

Golf R or S3  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Its even harder to choose between the A3 and Golf Now... Both great looking cars and similar performance. So what would you go for?

Some Pics

2-golf-r-15.jpg

4-golf-r-15.jpg

6-golf-r-15.jpg

Audi-S3-2-lg.jpg

_Audi-S3-1-lg.jpg

I like the sport back option on the S3 too...

audi-s3-sportback-02.jpg

Edited by Putney

I'd go S3 Sportback. I priced one up last week and I think £33000 is a lot of money for a car of that size, but it was only a grand more than the Scirocco R, so I guess it's not bad considering it has 4WD and two extra doors.

I'm waiting on the Leon Cupra-R pricing though.

Apparently, the Leon Cupra-R is £25000 with leather as standard.

Some whining on Seatcupra.net about it not being such good value compared to the Cupra. It doesn't have Xenon headlamps as standard and they don't like it. Clearly they play with themselves too much on there or something.

Focus RS I think for sheer VFM.

I think the S3 looks a little dates... I can see a facelift coming along....

To be honest I think they are all over priced.... both 30K ish....

If you spec up the Golf R to the top you're looking at £41k.....almost exactly the same as a top spec R36!

Saying that, i'd go for the Golf, saw one in red just now and it did look mightily nice

matty, Lol I was just saying sorry for posting dated pictures of the Audi. Wasn't attacking you! I like the way everyone tips toes round each other.

Some interesting points raised. it's incredible that you can spec a golf to £41k! I agree a BMW is actually better value for money. I like the 1 series m sport and the 3 series convertible with the 335 twin turbo engine. I actually prefer rear wheel drive cars anyway. So would probably get into a BMW. I think the golf is the better looking car out of the two There is a Golf r on autotrader now with 2000 miles on it for £34k WTF! That's second hand 911 money! Hatch backs have increased in price by so much!

Edited by Putney

Looks wise I think I would choose the Golf on a 3 door 'vs' 3 door or a 5 door 'vs' 5 door basis. Fasvourite of the four options is the Golf 3 door.

I would need to become mental before I paid £40,000 for a Golf though...in fact I would need to become mental before I paid £30,000 for a Golf either!