Changing sidelight bulbs

Dare

Right had a quick butchers at where and what was involved in fitting these little beauties the other day but as with most weekends atm it decided to chuck it down so didnt have time to fiddle. How do u get the light unit away from the car? In my polo you just undone a metal clip and heypresto. Theres a metal clip around the light unit in the loop but it deosnt want to budge. Do you need to undo the nuts? (I know im a numpty) Anyone?

Anyone shed some light?

QUOTE(Phlegyas)
I need to change my side light to, got the compartment open but couldnt get the old light bulb out, its on the drivers side and my fingers are just to big. is there a diagram for this?

Use pliers gently on the holder. not the wires and pull.

ok looking down at the sidelamp units youl see the wire bit, use something to push or prise this down and the plastic casing will then be able to move away (but still held by wires). if u look youll see the sidelamp connector in there (at the top) with 2 wires going into it. As already said - dont pull on the wires - i used some long needle nosed pliers to pull it out. the rest is easy - swap bulb then reverse order to put back together.

the right hand side is easy, the left has a few more things in the way so it more fiddly but same principle. hope all that made sense & helped.

Wat an absolute pigging nightmare!!!

Just changed my sidelight bulbs, and have all the scrapes and bruises to proove it! sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

All working fine, nothing broken, except that i now can't get the stupid metal clip back on the casing! Did the passenger side fine but the drivers side just wont clip back in and there's chuff all room to work with.

Too dark to do it now, will have to try it again tomorrow!