1.4 Tuning

Tigz™

most people (well actualy i havent found 1 person that hasnt said this) but isnt one end of he drum welded to the axcl so its far easyier to get a new axcl, everyone agrees with this aand most have tryed what u have to no avail. i can coform that ALL vauh*lls are welded, and ALL peugeout are and mates clio was too. so i cant see why the lupo be any different, but as u say wouldnt be very hard to go have a look, best of luck(please prove me wrong)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, I have got a 1.4s which is completely standard. I did take it to AMD for a remap a couple of months ago but they couldnt really do anything to it. I did however find out it is running a healthy 90bhp at the mo. Recently I have been toying with the idea of a serious power increase but I dont really know where to start. I've had a quick read through about turbos and throttle bodies etc but I would be really grateful for any ideas anybody has. I would really like to put a G40 engine in it as my boyfriends brother has just got 1 and it really flies, but yet again, where to start! I also read somewhere about an Italian company that does turbos, does anyone know more about this? My Lupos gearbox is also a little worse for wear so I would have to replace this before any major work, would it be a gd idea to put an different gearbox in or stick with the standard 1? Other than that, any other comments would be seriously welcome!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

right i have a lupo sport engine going in to a lupo s i am wanting to run the sport zorst just cat part and fitting s inlet manfold but was wondering would a gti inlet fit the sport engine and work with a 1.4 cable thottle body then get it remaped to run right and what would this do more bhp or more talk (sorry really cant spell) thats if it would work

and how do sport and gti back box's sit are they in the same place as the rest just with the tail pipes running to middle with a smaller spair wheel as i want fit a good after market one but keep it out of site ie cut off the tail pipes .

Edited by noddy1

• 1 year later...

hey guys im in need of some help wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> , i own a 1.4 100 bhp vw lupo sport xreg (in gay yellow lol) and i am in the prossess of upgrading biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> , the thing is i have been shopping around and cant find anything for the lupo 1.4 sport except induction kits by KnN etc confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" /> , im looking to up grade the whole exhaust system but i cant find any brands or websites that provide such products mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> can someone point me in the right direction please

or give us some contacts that customise wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> much love to u all

if anything can some1 email me at benjamin_hearne@hotmail.com or pm me on the forum thanks guys

thanks

rebelink

p.s. or manifolds to fit my car

Edited by rebeblink

• 3 years later...

The ratios are quite close cos of the short final drive, about 18.5/1000rpm in top i think. Basically it will go better through the gears but won't have huge top end.

The problem with the Sport gearbox, even on the standard version of the car with no mods, is that in 5th maxxed the engine will reach the limiter easily and get stuck at 125mph wanting to go quicker, but as it wasnt given the 6th gear that the gti has it really limits the cars performance.