1.4 Tuning

Tigz™

Idle is sweet as a nut at around 1200 revs. Doesn't like anything less. Peak power is at 8400, rev limit is 9000. Used the engine on the road for a little while to bed it in and it was spot on, but its not really built for lots of miles.

It was scarily expensive, but a man needs a hobby!!

Jetta belongs to Chris Eyre and it does go well.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

my name is barry i'am new on this forum i got here by a friend of mine arvid , i'am planing to tune a 1.4 8v either with a turbo or TB so far i have found some good s*it 8) here ,good topic tigz :wink:

greetings from Holland biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Spec list is as follows:-

Lightened knife edged crank' date=' Farndon steel rods, ARP rod bolts, JE forged pistons, steel flywheel, AP race clutch, reworked head, Schrick Group H kit (292 cams, big valves, race springs, titanium cams

like your spec's dogwood but titanium cams?are they realy titanium :? :?:

Hey Barry....Good to see you here man!!!! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

More informative than our dutch forum is right now because they have more Lupo enthousiasts in the UK i think biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Wanna buy my 1.8T Lupo instead??? will go on sale soon to make place for another project car......

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> hey arvid thanx man, the information here in the UK is incredible, back in holland they pay to make horsepower and not even know what they got under the hood, but here they know what there talking about :wink:

@arosamike very intresting indeed 8)

QUOTE(Arvid)
i love to buy it but ain't got the money ,going for the japanese style?

Jep, it's time to change in the car and go jap. Need the money for other things to so the cra has to go :cry:

Is it running ok now.. finsihed?

What power did you make?

smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• 4 weeks later...

QUOTE(`sps-si`)
oh its `do-able` alright! twisted.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":twisted:" border="0" alt="twisted.gif" />  

syncro off a jetta, turbo kit from the us throttle bodies from jenvie lots of jiggery pokery and fabrication but where there's a will there's a way :wink:  

swirl pot....

what you have is you intank fuel pump feeding an alloy tank located usally in the engine bay. these are avaliable from the likes of `spec-r` and forge m/s. from this you then have a motorsoprt fuel pump pulling the fuel from the swirl tank and suppling the rail/regulator. this is a nice way to do it as the factory pump will easily have enough steam to keep the swirl pot full. then you have the motorsport unit right where its needed to supply the uprated flow and presure required for a well fiddled engine. obviously this is combined with an adjustable regulator for control.

i have not yet looed in matts tank to see if the bosch pump can be made to fit but if it will not then i will be running a swirl pot set up. :wink:

swirl pots the rs cosworth boys etc.. have these in there boot if ur stuck for space, they dont have to be in engine bay biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Nar, I think the drums are removable, so in theroy (not stripped it yet, this is just how it looks) you should be able to remove the drum, and mount the carriers and discs..

as I said, not stripped it yet.