1.4 Tuning

Tigz™

Use Bike bodies.

Its gonna be my second car anyway, so Im not worried about it being lumpy at low revs (my cars like that now anyway!)

You should go for it mate, will make such a noise, and the car should fly!

Bits are dirt cheap mate, and Im sure you could find someone to fit it all pretty cheap.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm.. I think they should be a little more extreme to tell you the truth.

I think Andy Breal has fitted these to his Sport and hasnt got much of a noticable diffrence.

Smoothed the power delivery out, but he doesnt belive its made him any faster.

Jenvey 40mm bodies, DTA management. Once its mapped properley thats it done, no worries, just like any other injected car.

The standard engine is quite a good bit of kit, held back by the standard breathing. With the bodies and exhaust sorted, peak power is at about 7100rpm and stays flat till about 7400.

The exhaust was done by Tony Law at Leeds. Its a `4-2`-1 manifold and 2 1/2" system. If you are looking at staying around the 150bhp mark you'll only need 2 1/4". He basically makes the exhaust from scratch to suit your needs. Its probably about £600 front to back in steel, not sure how much in stainless. Needs the car for a few days.

Its gonna depend one what your wanting from the car buddy.

If your just wanting a bit extra power, cams, zaust and potin may be enough for you.

Me personally think that 150bhp in a stripped out Loop would be perfect, so Im willing to sacrifice on the ease of driving to get it.

If you get the cams, and headwork done (which will need doing with tbs anyway) and you still want more, do the boddies later.

aye, I wont be doing nothing with this engine for a few months yet though buddy.

Im paying him weekly so it's gonna be 13 weeks before I even get the engine.

Id imagen its gonna be a standard size part.

Im sure he could do us a good deal for two of the same.

The Polo is mine but its in lots of bits at the mo. Don't use it on the road anymore, thats why i've got a Loop as well.

Never put the Polo on the 1/4 mile but my old Golf did 13.8@103 and the Polo was a lump quicker than that with the race engine in.

Check out the link to the Club GTI forum Tigz posted a little bit earlier. Wayne has more experience than anyone I know so take it as read. I do know people who run them on competition cars and they are fine, but reading this i'm not so sure for an everyday car.

Twin 40mm T. Body part no. TBP40i, £382 pair. Inlet manifold from AAT is about £220. Jenvey linkage £100ish. Air filter £50ish, 2nd hand Astra 16v injectors £?. Then you need ECU, throttle pot, crank sensor, air temp sensor and harness, plus mapping.

It might be worth talking to Chipwizards to see if the standard ECU can be adapted to run bodies.

Up to about 190bhp, 40mm bodies are fine. I run 42mm now.