Help needed :(

My 2000 w reg lupo will not start :( Went out in it today and it was totally fine, parked it at home again and now... nothing! Put the keys in the ignition and all the electrics work fine but it won't start, doesn't even turn over. Got a tow from my dad and the car does start so presumably it’s a starter issue? Anybody have any advice or past experience? Also if it is the starter motor, how much does a new one cost?

Thanks, Rachel

I had this a while ago and it turned out to be my ignition switch packing up. Here's the thread - not sure if it's the same thing but it might be worth a look! Clicky

Will have another search on the threads, thanks :)

Its really odd that this is happened tho becuase everything around and under the car is almost brand new :blink:

Yeah it does sound a little strange. It was the same with mine though! Not done many miles at all for it's age and everything was fine the morning I drove it to my mate's house. Then I came back to it and it just wouldn't start! :confused:

Managed to temporarily sort the problem - turns out it’s not the starter motor, it the starter switch. Not have a hot wire running from the starter motor to the battery, feel like a car thief every time I use it now though but at least I don't have to push it down the hill and jump in :D

New parts have been ordered so should be as good as new yet again very soon. Thanks for all the help guys, hopefully it will be my last post in the mechanical section :L

Thanks again, Rachel