How many miles do you get once light is on

toblask

Hi Folks,

Guess this just applies to people with a GTI

How many miles can you go with the light on ish. Ive always filled up as soon as the light comes on. Never been more than a couple of miles once its on.

Anyone know roughly how far you will get once its on?

Tom

how long is a piece of string really itll depend how you drive and how its being driven but as caf said roughly 30 but i wouldnt want to find it persoanlly....stick a jerry can of petrol in the boot and drive it till it cuts out...

I wish I had answered quicker, but it really depends which light you're talking about.

I tend not to run too far on the "fuel low" light and generally fill up around 1/4 tank.

What other fuel related light is there?

None as far as I am aware, but he didn't say "fuel related light" he said "light".

Therefore if you have a full tank and switch on your interior light you could go for 300 miles with the light on...

...OK forget it.

^ lol, lucky you didnt get a ticket!

Ive done 40, but then I wussed out and filled up again

He stopped, pulled over, and asked what the issue was, i explained what had happened, that i had been following the father figure and was trying to get to the next services.

He went into the back of the meat waggon, pulled out a tow rope and asked me and the Mrs to jump into the car whilst the other bloke got into my car and drove (his only instruction was for my Girlfriend not to eat his slice of cheesecake.)

He towed us to the next services and then left us too it, i filled up, rejoined the motorway, and 2 minutes later i see him towing another VW for the same reason, a little beep and a wave and we went on our merry way.

First nice police officer i have ever met.