Apple iPad anyone?

macaloon

ahahahaha marcus doodle jump is epic! and hunid-brake i love you... more people should think like you :) i think when apps start being made for it more and more people will start wanting one... i think its a great tool, id much rather read a book on that then any kindle.

It's not without fault, and its Apples usual stunt of releasing 1st generation stuff thats OK at best, and drip feeding updates, and versions, until it becomes the thing that you orginally wanted, think ipod, iphone etc.

I agree with Phil and Al, it's not going to be as well priced in the UK, but it should still represent good value in terms of build quality, design, ease of use, and materials (which is what Apple is about).

Edited by MattyA

i'll be buying one.

the iphone gives a great web browsing experience for a mobile phone, but it's limitation really is it's screen size. web browsing on an ipad is gonna be great, and with a 10 hour battery life just stick it on charge when you aren't using it and you will pretty much never run out of battery life halfway through using it.

yeah lack of flash support is gay, but other than that there isn't much to complain about.

roll on june when we get it over here!

looks pretty pointless if you ask me..itd be , a big phone that you can phone with? or a small tablet pc that you dont get full functionality? as much as i like apple products i just dont think its been positioned right,

its on off shoot from an iphone but it should have been an offshoot from the macbook...

You're all describing software disappointments, software can be updated.

That said I'm not going to rush out and buy one on the first day of release, nor Im not going to moan about what it should have been either.

i'll be buying it cos it has an apple logo on it and i enjoy being an attention whore.

i guarantee in a years time a lot of people who say the ipad is crap will actually own one.

there is nothing else on the market that does what the ipad does to the same level of excellence. take a look at the video on the apple site and check out how well email and web browsing it implemented. even my mother has an ipod touch which she uses for everything from music to keeping contact details, calendar, keeping photos on, etc etc.

the next gen ipad will be what everyone was hoping for from the ipad that has just been launched, but that's the way the market works, otherwise apple would have no scope for improvements to future models.

i have to say that it's very very rare i come across a site on my iphone that doesn't work properly due to unsupported codecs. the browser on the ipad WILL be the best way to browse the net. yes the on screen keyboard will be pants for writing essays, but personally for me browsing the web requires very little typing once i'm actually on a site as all i'm doing is following links, and for this the ipad will be awesome.

i also run logmein on my iphone, and really can't wait to see this working on an ipad.

I will not be buyin one.

To me its too big to class as mobile,

But it isn't even meant to replace a mobile?

It's meant to be like one of those daft tiny laptops that they call a netbook.

Edited by nfbr

But it isn't even meant to replace a mobile?

It's meant to be like one of those daft tiny laptops that they call a netbook.

I dont mean as in a mobile phone, i mean mobile in general, like carrying it round etc. .

The screen just looks to delicate aswell.

Edited by 2001gti