Apple iPad anyone?

macaloon

i really quite like it... its had so much bad press, it may look just like an iphone but i think people will soon come to realize its so much more, bigger better apps, books, newspapers, the general user interface is amazing, the display looks second to none with amazing clarity, the size and shape is just perfect. i think people are just jumping on the band wagon ( admittely i did at first ) saying its a giant iphone when really its not its a whole new level, i can imagine large business's will be using this as an essential tool in the future.

i know i sound really geeky but imagine if most of the world had one of these, it would eliminate the need for libaries lol, i really do believe people will start to release how powerful this little thing actually is lol.

Having waited for months (see my posts in the Apple thread), I just don't see the point.

No multitasking and the inelegant keyboard solution just make it an oversized iTouch. Absolutely no innovation.

I'll not bother with it... I'll wait for Microsoft Courier instead.

thats one thing that is disapointing i suppose is the multi tasking... i love the old 4 finger sweep on my mac to switch between windows when working on different programmes would have been nice if this was introduced into the ipad, but as apple always do they leave things out which they know they could have put in for the next generations, so people keep buying lol... i still think generally it is quite a good product, i think people are being too narrow minded about it, youve got to look at what this thing will be capable of.

I think apple are now coming up with more **** to sell at stupid prices, because they know they sell like hot cakes, even if they get bad press.

Sadly that is soo true

Might be a good piece of kit but I really cant see the point

Lets mush a laptop and an iphone together and you get something you cant ring or text people off of without plugging in a phone and something that isnt as easy to use at a desk as a laptop :/

I missed this yesterday. I've had a look on the Apple website and it's the best way to use the web, email, view photos etc.

My arse it is.

A good desktop computer of either sex is best.

<10" screen, 1Ghz processor. I'm afraid a good Atom powered netbook for £200 will achieve most of what is being trumpeted there. The touch screen is good, but tablet PCs managed that some years ago.

Personally, I feel it's one not so groundbreaking (again) gadget too far for Apple.

They'll sell loads.

I missed this yesterday. I've had a look on the Apple website and it's the best way to use the web, email, view photos etc.

My arse it is.

A good desktop computer of either sex is best.

<10" screen, 1Ghz processor. I'm afraid a good Atom powered netbook for £200 will achieve most of what is being trumpeted there. The touch screen is good, but tablet PCs managed that some years ago.

Personally, I feel it's one not so groundbreaking (again) gadget too far for Apple.

They'll sell loads.

They'll sell bizzilions because they've built up a massive following over recent years

Well i own a brand spankin new iMac that is super sick and love it to bits. Apple customer care is fantastic and it works well with my iPhone 3GS. I was going to invest in a netbook so that both the mrs and i can check the websites we both want to but now this is out i will definately be purchasing one. Web browsing is easier as you just point at what you wanna look at and so on. And yes it works in just the same way as the iphone but you cant tell me that looking at web pages on your iPhone is as good as on a big LED back-lit HD screen surely??? If its retailing in the US for $499 then it should be around the £310 mark which makes it a much more appealing purchace than a piece of sht microsoft virus magnet. Plus mail use and apps and 10hrs full use battery with 1 month stand by makes it a much more desirable purchase than a netbook. The thing is slim sexy, weighs nothing will sync with my mac and im looking forward to sitting on my sofa and having BIG club lupo and the intire tintaweb in my hand. Then just use the big iMac for proper work. Rant over :wub:

Edited by hunid-brake

Well i own a brand spankin new iMac that is super sick and love it to bits. Apple customer care is fantastic and it works well with my iPhone 3GS. I was going to invest in a netbook so that both the mrs and i can check the websites we both want to but now this is out i will definately be purchasing one. Web browsing is easier as you just point at what you wanna look at and so on. And yes it works in just the same way as the iphone but you cant tell me that looking at web pages on your iPhone is as good as on a big LED back-lit HD screen surely??? If its retailing in the US for $499 then it should be around the £310 mark which makes it a much more appealing purchace than a piece of sht microsoft virus magnet. Plus mail use and apps and 10hrs full use battery with 1 month stand by makes it a much more desirable purchase than a netbook. The thing is slim sexy, weighs nothing will sync with my mac and im looking forward to sitting on my sofa and having BIG club lupo and the intire tintaweb in my hand. Then just use the big iMac for proper work. Rant over :wub:

yeh but the fact you have to hold it with one hand and then use the other hand to navigate, sureley you will just end up puttin it on your knee or a table because it doesnt look the lightest of things? so its not really that mobile to start with, if you want somthin to check webpages then your iphone should be more than capable??