Faulty central locking

sexylupogirl

Hi there..

Just bought the 1.4s (1999) its in great shape, had it for 2 days and drives like a dream - but - noticed sometimes the central locking isn't working properly.

When its acting up I can lock drivers side but the passenger side unlocks itself then i have to go round and lock the passenger door manually - but then sometimes it works great - no idea why?

HELP!!

Hi there..

Just bought the 1.4s (1999) its in great shape, had it for 2 days and drives like a dream - but - noticed sometimes the central locking isn't working properly.

When its acting up I can lock drivers side but the passenger side unlocks itself then i have to go round and lock the passenger door manually - but then sometimes it works great - no idea why?

HELP!!

Hi

I know it's not very helpful but I have the same problem sometimes. The diference is that my passenger side works always fine but the driver side is sometimes funny...

Maybe it's one of those things...

Cheers

Mine does the same. It's likely to be the micro-switches in the doors (the boot one can also be a problem) Sometimes the solder comes away, which is a common fault. I havn't had mine out to look yet but from what i've read it seems very common. You will probably find that the interior light either doesn't come on or only comes on when one door is opened, also the boot light probably doesn't come on if that's faulty too... Hope this helps.... Ry

Thank god i'm not the only one, thanks, yeah its very random, sometimes it works, sometimes it won't The boots not gone yet - but give it time i'm sure it will.

I've had the lock off - it might be the latch but i need to find a cheap one to replace it with but other than that i've no idea, just touch an go ey, good job she's a damn fine car ey lol

Hey mines doing the exact same thing!

I did a Vag-Com scan with a lead I got off ebay and it found this fault with the central locking :

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Address 35: Centr. Locks

Controller: 1C0 962 258 AB

Component: 16 Zentr.Verriegel. 0003

Coding: 00016

Shop #: WSC 01233

1 Fault Found:

01135 - Interior Monitoring Sensors

36-00 - Open Circuit

End ---------------------------------------

When I lock the doors it does what you said yours does and sometimes the passenger won't open at all. Also it doesn't register that I've even got into the car and so unless I put the key in the ignition to let the car know I'm there then it locks itself again and the alarm goes off.

Anyone got any ideas before I go checking every central locking bit - what part that scan above is relating to?

This is on a lupo gti.

Sounds like the same fault on all of ours so maybe someone who knows a bit more about what the scans mean might be able to pinpoint the fault.

Cheers!

Yeah sounds pretty common, I don't have an alarm on mine but sometimes it does what yours does - opens the drivers side but not the passanger until you put the key in the ignition then the passenger side opens. Bloody annoying or what!!!!

I'm takin the panels off at the weekend so i'll let you know if i come up with anything

i dont have the central locking i had to retro fit it myself, but i have read on here quite a few times about the micro chip going in the door look, its very comon and there already has been a forum about it, i have no iterior light from drivers door or no buzz when my lights are left on, the micro chip is not registering the lock has been open, think its the same for all u guys with central locking,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Hi there..

HELP!!

I have the same problem with my door locks the passenger side doesnt always open when i unlock the drivers side, im gonna take the door card off and have a look it might just be that the mechanism is a bit seized up if thats what it is il try claning it and putting some WD40 on there that normally works for everythng :) ... Another Problem i have is with my keys one works for the doors one for the ignition and one for the boot. Is it supposed to be like this ? sureley not expected to carry three keys around should one work for everything ?

Chris

Mine is playing up now (Sobbing heard)

Car doors opened fine with the remote, then went to lock the doors this morning and the remote does not work. Tried using the key in the drivers door, although this still did not lock any of the doors.

Had to lock the drivers door on the inside and passenger door on the inside. Boot lock at the moment seems to be permantely locked

(Perhaps I may have done something last week when using the key in the door, turning it left & right)

(Have also had the drivers door panel off trying to solve the drivers electric window fault)

Mine is playing up now (Sobbing heard)

Car doors opened fine with the remote, then went to lock the doors this morning and the remote does not work. Tried using the key in the drivers door, although this still did not lock any of the doors.

Had to lock the drivers door on the inside and passenger door on the inside. Boot lock at the moment seems to be permantely locked

(Perhaps I may have done something last week when using the key in the door, turning it left & right)

(Have also had the drivers door panel off trying to solve the drivers electric window fault)

My battery broke on my car. my doors where not working and my windows didnt always work. one day i had to get in the boot and open the doors from the inside but iv changed the battery and my doors and windows are all working fine again :)

After some investigations today on mine it looks like the Central locking module is causing all my problems with the electric windows and central locking having a mind of its own. Believe it maybe a VW job only. (Will find out tomorrow)

** STOP PRESS **

It was the wire harness in the drivers door after all that. With years of Opening/Closing the drivers door, 5 of the wires had broke.

Just waiting a new wiring harness from VW, which is currently on a 7-10 day back order :(

Edited by RallyeBaz