Time to move on?..

electricpanda

you could even buy a bmw petrol coupe i.e 330, they're cheap as!

He said he was doing lots of miles so 11-18mpg would be a bit of a nightmare I guess:lol: (My mates got her forsale and wants the 330D for this reason), tho did say he can get 30mpg on m way, just res of the time in a nightmare!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its all about the image...

If you were selling you house, and the Estate Agent turned up with an Evo grumbling away on the drive you would be particularly impressed...

If I was selling my house and an Estate Agent turned up with a Rolls Royce, I'd think I'm not giving that snob my business, he's got far too much money as it is!!!

Would recommend an Audi S3, I've had 2 Lupo 1.4s' and 2 Lupo GTi's, my gf now has a Lupo GTi and they are brilliant cars, they still put a smile on my face every time I drive one, but the S3 is a totally different car, very refined and reasonably fast and the running costs/fuel consumption aint too bad either. Can't beat the quattro either, especially with the weather we've had recently.

Its all about the image...

If you were selling you house, and the Estate Agent turned up with an Evo grumbling away on the drive you would be particularly impressed...

If I was selling my house and an Estate Agent turned up with a Rolls Royce, I'd think I'm not giving that snob my business, he's got far too much money as it is!!!

I see your point, although it's a shame for you that it has to come into it. I can understand a noisy Evo being a bit err, anti-social, but something like an S2000 I wouldn't have thought would be such a problem. You hardly need to be loaded to afford one, particularly an older one, you do need to be old to afford the insurance though, lol.

• 4 weeks later...

I work for BMW, and to be honest i prefer driving my Lupo GTi to a Cooper S and can probably do cross country driving faster. They are so thirsty, 25mpg is about average, and the reliability is hideous. You think Lupo's have gearbox issues? As far as a Civic goes, i sold a Civic Type S 1.8 last August for my current Ford Focus Zetec S, i would never buy another Honda product. The build quality was appauling, and dealer service wasn't up to much either. I later found i was not alone in owning an unreliable Honda, all Civic's appear to be the same. VAG all the way!

I went the honda route also, i left the lupo gti for an S2000 which i returned to 5 years later... The civic typre R is a great car.... and the running costs are pretty good... I had a seat leon cupra but to be honest it just felt heavy and not actually that quick.... it was pretty thirsty too. I got rid of it after 6 months. think i would have held on to a type R a little longer..

I really like the old 225 TT and its loads of car for the money... i would be looking at one of thoughs if i was you... my flat mate has one and it was a bargin... £7k!

• 4 weeks later...

My friend just sold a mk1 tt 225, grey with black leather, AC rs4 wheels etc etc. It was a lovely car to be in but just wasn't for me.

I ended up buying a 2007 Polo GTi and I have to admit its a much nicer drive than the Lupo. Alot more solid. Plus with a decent remap power isnt bad either!