is there a cam or crank sensor 1997 1.0 arosa

maxarosa

I posted a question a while back but did not get any replies so here goes again. Car is difficult to start and when it starts you can smell the fuel even after a long journey if you stop in traffic you can smell it. Fuel economy is down. I have checked for fuel leaks and there are none. I have been told it could be a crank sensor, cam sensor or air temp sensor anyone had any similar problems.

Are there these sensors on a R reg 1.0 petrol car?

Regards

Max

:)

there's a crank/ knock sensor but it'd be worth checking the lambda first assuming the air filter isn't dirty / clogged.

are you able to get it on vag com?

Olly

Hi Olly

Thanks for getting back to me I have kinda been chasing the fault but without success so far I serviced the car air filter spark plugs dizzy cap and rotor, to no avail. I replaced the coil pack but it made no difference. The lambda sensor if faulty will it cause over fueling? I have been told if the cam sensor is faulty it will inject fuel 4 time per revolution instead of once is that right?. I figure it is cheaper in the long run to keep changing sensors until fixed but if I new how to test the sensors it would be a help.

Regards

max

where are you based max? i have freeware vag com.

if the lamda is faulty or you have a blow in the exhaust pre lambda (manifold) then it can cause it to run rich, also temp sensor can cause over fuelling, there are a few things that can contribute to this which is why a scan on vag com could be useful or at least rule things out.

Olly

if the lamda is faulty or you have a blow in the exhaust pre lambda (manifold) then it can cause it to run rich, also temp sensor can cause over fuelling, there are a few things that can contribute to this which is why a scan on vag com could be useful or at least rule things out.

Olly

Hi Olliy

I am unable to get on to vag.com as I am at work and the url is being blocked. I will have a look tonight.

Thanks for you help

max

Olly

forgot to say i am in bath somerset

Hi Olliy

I am unable to get on to vag.com as I am at work and the url is being blocked. I will have a look tonight.

Thanks for you help

max

hi olliy

i changed the tempature sensor but made no differance car still smells of petrol when in the traffic. i have been trying to get the vagcom lead to work but with littl scucess. i am going to take it around to a friends who has the software working. will a faulty lambada sensor be shawn as a fault?

regards

MAX

i had a bit more of a think on this, fuel should't be able to be smelt from the cabin if it's just the engine running rich.

faulty lambda will come up on vag com if you scan it though. i'd be looking for a leak, either at the fuel rail or under the inspection cover under the back seat where it joins the fuel pump inlet/outlet.

have you checked the oil breather pipe from crank case? it won't cause over fuelling but will smell in the cabin if split.

Olly