Air filter -1.7 SDI Arosa

deadhead7

Hi, i have been looking for an air filter for my 1.7SDi Seat arosa, and only come across;

"SEAT AROSA 1.7L SDI 60hp (97>) - Single Cone Induction Kit"

which is £95.20..

Link;

http://www.greenfilters.co.uk/Green_Filters_by_Application_-_Panel_Filters_&_Induction_kits-SEAT-AROSA/c812_1081_1082/p200805/SEAT_AROSA_1.7L__SDI_60hp_(97%3E)_-_Single_Cone_Induction_Kit/product_info.html

The problem I have is that I don't really want to spend £95.20 +p&p on an air filter when there are several on the market which are about £25-£30

But when buying these cheaper ones on the market, causes problems when fixing them as they will touch the "gas oil filter" and get squashed when the bonnet is shut.

Where as the one for £95.20 makes it so that this doesn't happen

Which fits like this;

filter.jpg

Does anyone have and advice, experience or recommendations to something which works the same but is a fair bit cheaper, or maybe something which i can put together myself with a cheaper filter.

Thanks deadhead

• 1 month later...

By the way, I wouldn't necessarily use a cone filter plugged straight into the inlet manifold cos it'll just suck in hot air.

I got a 20 quid cone filter from Halfords, stuffed it down behind the headlight and used a 1 metre bendy silicon pipe from merlinmotorsport (27 quid delivered) and 2 55-70 mm jubilee clips for a quid.

That way it can draw from the cold air coming through the grille, and from the cold air feed that used to supply the old pipe.

Job done.