anyone bested a cooper s?

ice cool

Should be very close with an 'S' - probably down the driver really. Its got 40 more BHP as standard, but is alot lardier than a Lupo.

Cornering wise the Lupo would probably lose out, but its got huge amounds of grip. Again the lardy Cooper will be generating more lateral force on similarly sized 205 tyres (assuming they've got the 17's) so would possibly have less grip, but it does have a better chassis.

I know that the 6 speed LupoGti has better/faster ingear times than a CooperS

I also know than the CooperS is quicker round a track...

why what can your lupo do then?

the lupo gti only does 125.

i got a zorst and bigger wheels and mine was reading 132 on my mates car wich had the correct size wheels.

i had about another 1,000 revs left but u struggle to get it to go past 6,000rpm. when i get my viper kit i might be able to get above 6,000 rpm in 6th.

why what can u'rs do? and what have you done to get that extra 1,000 rpm

btw this was on a flat road not a stupidly big hill

137mph on closed private road with a slight slope and a piper x induction kit on, and thats still having bout 400rpm to play with. I have a 5 speed though.

132mph is bloody good with 17'' on. I was struggleing to get past 125mph when i had my 17'' on

smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

If you hardly get over 90mph then I reckon you'll have a chance against a Cooper S (assuming equal drivers), but I reckon that extra 40bhp will count over 90 and it'll slowly be bye bye Lupo GTi.

Geezer at work has an 'S' an I'm always nagging him but he's not interested.