My 6N2 Polo Colour Concept

s2000king

Heya guys, the Lupo has been sold and replaced with a mk5 Polo colour concept, so this is a new thread, will miss the Lupo, but it was an opportunity i could not miss out on. Here is the spec of the Polo;

Standard 1.4 16v 75bhp model,

Jazz Blue,

Standard colour coded black and Blue full heated leather recaros,

Electric mirrors,

Electric Windows,

Electric Sunroof,

Remote central locking,

Standard BBS rims,

Fogs,

Standard GTi style body kit,

65,000 miles on the clock,

Full service history,

6 months tax,

12 months MOT,

and a glove box!!!!!

All for £2300, bargain in my mind, completely legit, HPI clear and i am so chuffed!!!

Like i said before i am sad to see the Lupo go, but my sister has bought it off me so it hasn't gone away forever!!!!

Here are the pics guys, any comment appreciated!!! :D

Cheers, James.

P1050424-1.jpg

P1050425.jpg

P1050427.jpg

P1050428.jpg

P1050431.jpg

Edited by s2000king

Cheers bud, can't wait to get started, needs to be decked me thinks and also get bodywork mint (stone chips ect) then GTi grille and splitter and maybe the spoiler and basically wait until i run out of money, thanks for the comments mate!!

Cheers, James.

Ahh, a downside to leather. They must be heated, do they take long to warm up?

Well, they can't be too bad, had nothing to compare it to tbh, but with the weather we are having at the moment feels like it takes 10 years!!!! :D

Picking up some BBS RXII's next Tuesday that are an unfinished project so should keep me busy for the time being. I'm feeling a polished lip, but not sure on the centres, what do you guys think?

£80 from a local guy in 5 stud, but far from finished so will have to get a move on!!!

Just want something different for the show season!!

Cheers, James.

Picking up some BBS RXII's next Tuesday that are an unfinished project so should keep me busy for the time being. I'm feeling a polished lip, but not sure on the centres, what do you guys think?

£80 from a local guy in 5 stud, but far from finished so will have to get a move on!!!

Just want something different for the show season!!

Cheers, James.

Nice car dude! Seen one of these locally and the interior is lovely! BTW the BBS will be 5x100 wont they? You cant get adaptors 5x100 -> 4x100 as far as im aware?

Nice car dude! Seen one of these locally and the interior is lovely! BTW the BBS will be 5x100 wont they? You cant get adaptors 5x100 -> 4x100 as far as im aware?

Adaptors are no problem.

They will be 16" too... B) . Polished rim is a must, lot of polishing to do though if there not in good condition. Get a good socket to tighten the bolts with, as the splines are very fragile.

Adapters will come in due coarse, just wanted something different that i haven't owned before, didn't think that i could go wrong with £80, the dishes have already been well prepared, the centres need a bit more work....16" swung it for me as well. Will get some pics up for you guys when i get them.

Any ideas on the centres??

Thanks for the comments on the car as well....very much appreciated!!!! :D

Cheers, james.

I had been advised to get the 4 stud version, but purely to save on the cost of adapters, but the 5 stud was a lot cheaper and these were in the sort of condition i wanted so i could do my own thing....polishing here i come!!!! Quite excited now!!

I not sure whether to go white centres or black centre on the Polo (Jazz blue) or maybe even the same colour as the car, what do you guys think?

Haha, way ahead of you Chris ordered some last night and are on the way, previous owner had some halfords specials in there lol

Thanks for the comments!!!

VW OEM rubber mats are best for winter as they have turned up sides and fit the well perfectly. I got a new set in the Polo when I purchased it and it's amazing to see the amount of water which gathers from rain and snow. If this was 'carpet' mats like I have in the GTI all that muddy water would've disapeared into the fibres.

So rubber for winter, carpet for summer!

Cheers for the advice Ray. I used to have ruber mats in the Lupo and they were brilliant so might have to invest in some, money is getting a bit tight at the moment as my O2 sensor broke today, plus i have these wheels to pay for. The carpet mats are waiting in the packets in my room at the moment and they are looking quite nice too!!! :D

Thanks again!

Ah cool didnt think you could get the adaptors because the holes overlapped a bit? Anyway for £80 baaaaargain!

Yep, one hole has a very long wheel bolt through the wheel and adaptor straight into the hub.

I had been advised to get the 4 stud version, but purely to save on the cost of adapters, but the 5 stud was a lot cheaper and these were in the sort of condition i wanted so i could do my own thing....polishing here i come!!!! Quite excited now!!

I not sure whether to go white centres or black centre on the Polo (Jazz blue) or maybe even the same colour as the car, what do you guys think?

Gulf orange. B)

You are probably beter off with 5studs, as the offset is really poo on all those wheels, the adaptors will space them well. I gave up on the first set I bought, dont think they are good enough to polish the lips on. Set number two should be here on monday...

mmmmm....i must admit, that would get peoples attention!!!!! ill put that in a poll i think haha.

Well they have been very well stripped back and i have a tube of autosol in the garage and thought id give it a go, they will only be summer wheels so the Interlagos's would go back on and shouldn't be too hard to maintain the shine i hope. I'm a little OCD so thing like this are my cup of tea, i could literally spend hours of polishing and enjoy every second of it wierdly.

Glad to see someone else is in on the beaty of the RXII, i think they are loverly, any plans with yours?

What tyres are you putting on width wise, obviously 40/16, but unsure on what width to get. :D

Cheers, James.

mmmmm....i must admit, that would get peoples attention!!!!! ill put that in a poll i think haha.

Well they have been very well stripped back and i have a tube of autosol in the garage and thought id give it a go, they will only be summer wheels so the Interlagos's would go back on and shouldn't be too hard to maintain the shine i hope. I'm a little OCD so thing like this are my cup of tea, i could literally spend hours of polishing and enjoy every second of it wierdly.

Glad to see someone else is in on the beaty of the RXII, i think they are loverly, any plans with yours?

What tyres are you putting on width wise, obviously 40/16, but unsure on what width to get. :D

Cheers, James.

195/40/16's, limited choice though.. Toyo's T1-R or Dunlop SP9000's, not cheap either, or that easy to get. Think I will just do mine with silver centres.

Like these... IMG_0578.JPG

Wanted to do chrome, but seen some on German eBay, they look stupid, and black wont work with a black car. Gold is an option too...

bbsgoud2_original.jpg

The first set I got were in quite poor condition, water had got under the powder coating causing the lip to corrode, the rim bolts had seen shot blasted too, and new bolts are £5-6 each for genuine BBS ones. So when another set came up on eBay, I had to have them. Got some BBS carbon/silver cente caps, spent ages tracking down which ones were OEM, these are, have a VW part number on the back, VW wheel bolt covers too, and BBS valves and Stainless steel BBS caps(valves are too short though).

Have fun doing them.

Thanks for the info mate, i like the sound of your plans, will look awesome in gold and a black car i think, but anything will look lush on your car. :D

I think apolished lip and black centres on a Jazz blue car would look ok tbh, but will have to see how it goes with the polishing first.

Cheers, james.

Decided to go for the Yoko S-drives again. A little more expensive, but they are all i have had after my Toyos and i feel they are a bit better although many people will disagree. I see what you mean about the selection though....

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update, Just fitted a brand spanking new Polo GTi front splitter today and upper honeycomb grill

Will get pics up asap.

Oh and bodywork will be getting done over easter at a cost of £600 mainly because of the paint, good old pealesant jazz blue!!!

It will consist of all the work that needs doing, none of it was done by me might i add!!!, new front wing and paint, repaint bonnet (good old stone chips, about 50-60 of the buggers!!), passenger side sill needs pulling out and repainting, all bumper scuffs sorted and a full body machine polish/t-cut etc, ready for the shows. :D

Cheers guys!

Edited by s2000king

• 2 weeks later...

Here are the highly anticipated pics i have been promising. I had just cleaned the car when i took these and it looks sooooo shiny!!!! :D

Let me know what you think of the grill and splitter, enjoy....

P1010002.jpg

P1010003.jpg

P1010004.jpg

P1010005.jpg

P1010006.jpg

P1010007.jpg

P1010008.jpg

P1010009.jpg

Looks very mean now in my opinion, much nicer!!!! :D