Crashed and needing help !! .

jops666

My baby 2001 lupo E 1.0 , got nailed my an elderly lady with no lights on and no insurance ( wasnt my best day of the year :D ) , need a rear quarter or advice on if can be fixed ( pull it out ) . as im 17 claiming on insurance would be sky high the following year and i would have to pay 750 pound excess ( i am aware the repair is going to cost 700+ ) , as dad is a VW Macanic he thinks could be worth goin private but isnt a pannel beater , jus thought i would ask the guys in the know what they thought i should do , its my first car i dont want it doing of the the breakers :( will put up pics asap but bassically , back quarter is caved in. and passenger side door , any ideas much apritiated thanks . :rolleyes:

Edited by jops666

Probably best off going to a local bodyshop, the door can be replaced, and the rear panel pulled and filled, but depending on the mileage of the car, it may be better to sell it/sell parts and buy another.

Get pictures up so that others may be able to judge.

Tell the old lady with no insurance she should pay for it, if she don't take her to court (small claims) she should not have been on the road. If it was you with no insurance they would throw the book at you. Why should you suffer for her.

Get the Police involved and get her off the road.

I'm sure they would love to know of her driving un-insured. Oh wait, she's not a young lad in a half decent car, so it's okay, "bless her". :rolleyes:

As Liam says, report her. She's driving illegally it doesn't matter how old, what car, or her reasons.

The law is the law.

Thanksss for all replys i went out last night havnt been online to reply . police were not called as she provided me with insurance contact details that didint work out ( didint know who the hell she was when i rang them ) and i cannot remeber the number plate to save my life , school boy error , dads bought a new door and has back hammered the back quarter out and is now ready for filler . as not going trough insurnace no CAT on my car and insurance will not be affected . :D , still a pain in the ass but hay **** happens :) . jus wana get my hands ona GTI asap :D , see a black gti ( cardiff ) today riding lowwwwwww on bathurts but he had sprayed them white loookeddddd awsssomeeee

Inform the police now!

If a little old lady calls them up to report that a young lad(?) drove into her - who will they believe? With any luck, she won't realise that she'll be given a producer when report it and the no insurance situation will come to light. Of course, you will have alleged this when reporting the incident to the police.

Then - and have an incident report number would be helpful here - you will be pursuing the lady through the county court for your out of pocket expenses. Under tort, she is due you damages to restore you to the position you should have been in had the accident not occurred. In order words, you can't make a profit out of the situation, but you should be left no worse off after it is all resolved. All insurance does is indemnify you against this common law liability. The no insurance is a separate criminal matter that you will be asking the police to look into - again, reporting the precise time and location of the accident will help them, because I wouldn't be surprised if little old lady had suddenly got herself a policy.

All imho.

Id get to the hospital with the old back pain aswell (not for jumping on the compo wagon, but as far as i know if there is an injury the police have to investigate).

I had a simirlar problem, woman went in to the back of me, give me a load of dodgy details, luckily i took a few pictures of the damage to her car, and i only had the first 4 digits of the reg, and they tracked her down and everything was sorted. As redvillan said you will be surprised.

lol pulled back quarter out with backhammer , primered and ready for paint now only cost me £30 so far and insurance are non of the wiser . i dunt have her numberplate so how can i contact the police . ??

How on earth dont you have her number plate? Do you have her name/address?

Have you got any of the reg? If you know what car it is and have part of the reg they can still trace it.

This is were i was incrediblle stupid i dunt have her reg at all was a bit shocked at the time and didint think of it , please all dont rip into me to hard , its nerly fixed now . well im at it does anyone know were i can by the bathurt wheels of a GTI ( mine got nailed in crash so might aswell get good looking ones one there ) ??

Report it report it report it! Seriously. As someone else said, if she reports you, you'll be the one with the claim against you! Really can't do any harm, and if you're lucky, they will be able to trace the car. They'll want to know, since it's worth their bother to find them if they have no insurance. If you know what make/model/colour the car is, they'll have a pretty good idea of where to start looking.