Flip Keys

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

I have got the right flip key, (HL01J0959753AH) all the innerds are in it, it is not just a case.

I have tried all the above instructions, and searched the forum for additional info.

I can not get the key to do what it is supposed to.

No horn sound or blip when attempting to programme/code it, and it does nothing other than light the little led when buttons are pressed.

The car in question is a 2001 Lupo GTI.

Any ideas on what to try next? hoping someone knows the answer.

Regards

does this work on a sport with out remote locking in the orginal key??

u mean u have central locking but not remote central locking or no central locking at all?

as i have installed full remote central locking in a no central locking car

• 2 weeks later...

It won't work if you don't have Remote Central Locking. A lot of people install the rClick kit to give them RCL.

Edited by NOCK

• 2 months later...

Hi guys wondering if someone can help me with this. My remote central locking stopped working some time ago. Well it works every now and again but hardly ever and a friend said my remotes were shot so I decided to give the flip key idea a go.

I bought a full new case and got the key cut, also bought an old flip key ( 3 button square type) and swapped over the internals along with my little chip out of my lupo key.

Went to programme it and put the old key in the ignition, ignition on, manually locked the car with my new key, took it out and thein pressed the unlock button. Nothing! No horn, so waited 6-7 seconds pressed it again, nothing. So manually unlocked the car and tried tge new remote in the ignition and it works, turns the car over fine but will not remotely lock or unlock the car so I'm back to square 1!!

The light on the fob flashes So I know it works. Is there anything else I can try as I miss remote locking :(

Maybe my problem does not lie with the remote. Please help. Danny

Was just about to post a similar post to the above about issues with syncing the keyhead. I only had 1 key which gradually started to stop working over time. Got another key blade cut and keyhead but cant program it. Is it only possible if the vehicle is unlocked using the remote? As at the min i have to use the key in the door (which sets the alarm off)

Was just about to post a similar post to the above about issues with syncing the keyhead. I only had 1 key which gradually started to stop working over time. Got another key blade cut and keyhead but cant program it. Is it only possible if the vehicle is unlocked using the remote? As at the min i have to use the key in the door (which sets the alarm off)

Amen to this! We need answers :P

I had this prob. According to the guides you place the key to be programmed in the drivers side door.....

BUT this didn't work for me. I tried passenger side and worked straight away. Give that a go. Same procedure but passenger side door.

All the best.

Think you need two keys, both must contain an immobiliser chip.

I had this prob. According to the guides you place the key to be programmed in the drivers side door.....

BUT this didn't work for me. I tried passenger side and worked straight away. Give that a go. Same procedure but passenger side door.

All the best.

I would try but seams that who had my car before me has delocked the passenger side. What if it was programmed with vag com? I have a pal who is a quick whizz with the software.

• 6 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...