so so low

Tigz™

came home from work

took off the 15" and put on the 13's

just remembered that i havent eaten yet since dinner

so went to the chippy

on the way home our friendly guys in blue was following us

got onto our street where they pulled me over and asked

mate have you just lost half of your car?

`reply-no` why

well just followed you and saw sparks flying at evry bump.

explained that wheels were off as front tyres are illegal and the 13's will only be on until tomorrow

no problem mate cya biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> 8)

from the front of the side sill is three and a quarter inch from the ground the rear is three and three quarters from the ground

the exhaust is a about a quarter of a inch from the ground

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive managed to get mines sitting with exhaust litterly mms off the ground and sills about a centremtetre, the custom coilies from germany are great for going way lower than normal, i run it with usualy just about 3 inches clearence day to day and dont have too much probs except ill need to remove a little of inner wing as driveshaft hits it on bad bumps so much so i ripped the rubber push clean off lol

Side skirts that sit 2 inches of the ground sometimes hit the ground got tiny crack in em at back on inside no where ut really matters, getting em strengthened anyways

After i slammed it they put tonned of big bad speed humps in my estate so takes me ages to get out got to take evryone at a angle and theres always some fool parked on em making it worse so normally toot the the horn for a bit to annoy em if its late on lol

Thats why I havn't fitted a kit, I can run my car 110mm all round with no clearnace plroblems to speak of.

It was obivious the side pipe would cause probs, but it wont be on there for much longer, if I can ever get hold of this rear centre exit it'd be sorted.

i wont drive it any speed when its only got a inch clearance thats strictly for just shows, i like a clearence of 3 inches handles amazing, and when get torque steer from using the nos i can corrct it easy without any roll, ill send u some clips of it broad sliding and stuff when i video em it looks nuts!

I drive kinda crazy at types i like my sidey ways action. The cars built so can be adapted to look amazing at shows and so i can do adjustments and be out racing a hour or so later

p88bel, biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> I forgot to put a winkie there tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I look forward to seeing these vids of yours!

i dunno who exactly i got them through a mate u builds up skyline and stuff, he got em custom made by same crowd that done his theyd made a set beofre for lupo tdi so they knew spec to build, mines arent right down as far as they go it be damn dangerous but looks amazing when its on the deck

If you look here mate it explains everything ive done to allow it.

http://forum.clublupo.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=5565

In short terms Ive cut a hole in the chassis leg and welded a 3" steel tube sliced in half to allow the drive shaft to move without catching the chassis.

Once you go lower than about 70mm the driveshaft WILL rub, theres no question about it, the driveshaft on the O/S is that long that the angle of it will make it rub, no matter how stiff the coilovers are.

Ive never seen a TDi engine bay, but Id guess the gearbox would be in the same possision.

If it is it'll have the same problems.

gearbox sits little different, when sitting its about 1 and half centremetres between driveshaft and innerwing, its poss inerwings different my engine bays been played with a bit not standard its had dual controls once it was a learner car for 8months from new then i bought it, the break setups completly different, its all been uprated above tdi standrd, ill need to tak some pics using th flash and ull see what i mean

saying that its possible the guys who done my coilovers moded inner leg a little as they did lotsa stuff so they may have, ill check when i go back to them soon aways going to make sure all of the underseal they done is holding up as its winter and its a struggle to even get a small standrd jack uner the bloody thing lol

I couldnt lift my install so I dont bother with a spare wheel.

Havn't got any tire repair either to tell you the truth.

Goodyear call outs a wonderful thing 8)

There was a guy we met at GTi international camp site that had chopped up his spare wheel well, to allow him to fit a Sport exhaust.

He didnt take it all out though, just took half of it, and bought a plate from VW that allowed iot to be used as a space saver.

i wanted a bigger spare box and my ice install aint movable either, so far just had 1 flat that happend on motorway at 70mph slowed down to next to nothing went of slip slowly turning wheel very slightly, the toyo proxy wasnt repairable as nail was near tire wall but my rim wasnt even marked or buckled i was well lucky, it was a traffic cue that slowed me down and then thats when i relised it wasnt right

Ive had numerous scarey moments.

Had 3 nails in one tyre for 2 months when I lost my locking nut key (the first time) cant remember who it was that pointed it out at Santa Pod, or who pumped it back up again!