Tyre Question, 14 x 8s.

little rich

Alright all, sorry for another tyre question!

Just wondering what people with 14x8s are running? and are they having any problems?

i know some one who was running 14x8s on a lupo with 195/45 falkens but got alot of scrubing, and i dont want to mangle my arches as there fresh paint, Arches will be getting rolled if need be.

Just for the record, my steel wheels have just been banded

14 x 8 , et unknown?

And im lowered around 100mm

options.

175/50s

http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?details=Ordern&cart_id=23655845.110.11168&typ=982400&ranzahl=4&Breite=175&Quer=50&Felge=14&Speed=H&weiter=0&kategorie=6&Ang_pro_Seite=15&Transport=P&dsco=110&sowigan=So

185/50s

http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?details=Ordern&cart_id=48193804.110.23886&typ=D35366&ranzahl=4&Breite=185&Quer=50&Felge=14&Speed=H&weiter=0&kategorie=6&Ang_pro_Seite=15&Transport=P&dsco=110&sowigan=So

185/55s (there cheaper!)

or 195/45s

Many thanks for any help,

Rich :)

you could even try a 195/40/14 i know continental make some and a friend was running them on an 8 with no trouble.

http://www.tyres-pneus-online.co.uk/car-tyres-CONTINENTAL-195-40-r14-A.html?partnerDomain=GooglePS-UK&xtor=AD-47

Also 195/45/14 are fine dependant on et of course which sound like your only gonna find out when it could be too late. Good luck

Edited by sheps

Spot on in what you say about offset! Wheel width and tyre alone means absolutely naff all. It's normally the offset that causes the rubbing issues.

The only thing you have to remember with the 195/40's is that they look awful!

Cheers Mark, stealing my thunder. :P

:lol:

I just used this: http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

Type in the original width and offset, and the new width. Guess the new et, and adjust until the inner clearance is "The same". Easy.

:D

I think you would struggle with 195/45's.

Should have rolled your arches before paint!

• Like 1

Cheers for that link,

I know im stupid, it didnt even cross my mind! i had to mallet one of my arches before edition to get the bbs's on with spacers, :lol: Wish i didnt!

Il get them rolled then probably have them re-sprayed again, passenger door needs doing after the garage incident,

So what tyres do you think i should get?

Thanks,

Rich.

^ Thanks,

How i run it? How we all run it! - low B)

175/50s the tyres i can get are "Pirelli P600s" best price so far 300 fitted, or "New Radial" for 200 fitted, New Radial sound pikey though!?

Can get 165/60s in various tyres and a fair bit cheaper,

or 165/55s too

Gosh i hate tyre shopping :lol:

Thanks for the help

Rich.

et6 May be wrong though!

It depends if ALL the extra width was added to the face side of the rim. A lot of rim-banding companies are starting to do double banding, I.e. Some on the face side, some on the rear side! That way it doesn't effect the offset so radically.

However at an ET6, I don't think it matters what tyres you choose, they are ALL going to scrub unless you jack up the suspension or have some serious archwork done.

et6 May be wrong though!

It depends if ALL the extra width was added to the face side of the rim. A lot of rim-banding companies are starting to do double banding, I.e. Some on the face side, some on the rear side! That way it doesn't effect the offset so radically.

However at an ET6, I don't think it matters what tyres you choose, they are ALL going to scrub unless you jack up the suspension or have some serious archwork done.

Well, they'll be a minimum of et6 anyway, haha.

I think you could pull off 165/55, will be a lot of stretch, but no more than most run in 15's.

Can get Bridgestones, but they're expensive, and i think the Federals are usually a bit wider than they should be.

• Like 1

Cheers mark, The bridgestones still work out cheaper than the pirelli 175/50s

Heads or tails?

165/55s or 175/50s ?

personally i think 165s will be too much stretch? dont want it to look silly! but im liking the cheaper tyres :)

Cheers

Rich.