jons lupppp SOLD PLEASE LOCK

mrzogs

I'm glad it says on the list that the subframes have been reinforced because they were cracked and the lad sold it on a month or so because of it to another local lad! Once the niggles have been sorted it will be a nice car :)

Hah dont mean to piss on your chips mate but yeh that car has seriously been abused! Was sold on locally a few times very fast between owners..

cracked subframe, engine problems , buckled wheels etc etc.

Think it had the best part of 19 faults when i ran it on my vagcom for the lad who had it initially ( not the lad you bought it from ) and he just said to clear them all regardless.

apart from that....

Hah dont mean to piss on your chips mate but yeh that car has seriously been abused! Was sold on locally a few times very fast between owners..

cracked subframe, engine problems , buckled wheels etc etc.

Think it had the best part of 19 faults when i ran it on my vagcom for the lad who had it initially ( not the lad you bought it from ) and he just said to clear them all regardless.

apart from that....

ahh well **** happens eh!

the subframe has been welded up you can see it underneath the car...

the engine did a 200mile run back to plymouth, so if it was ****ed surely there wouldda bin some sign of this..

there is one wheel which needs a dent banging out, nothing major

tbh for what i paid for it, even if the engine blows up tomorrow, i could near enough sell it for what i bought it for in parts.

anyway, enough negativity, its at a good home now. regardless of previous owners, i look after my cars and this will be no exception. IMO it has proved it was solid enough to do a 200mile run sat at 70-80 then there cant be much 'engine problems' with it...

• Like 2

I remember the first owner on here! He now drives a skoda! Haha

eh don't diss the skoda's! my best mate went from a 106 gti to a ibiza cupra to a TT 225 and now drives a skoda fabia VRS haha

this is the least powerful car i have owned, my first car at 16 was more powerful than this! but this car for me isn't about the power as i need to build up my no claims again after losing my license.

this car has at some point clearly had alot of money spent on it, and has had careful owners. thinking about it the past few owners havent really looked after it aswell as they could of, when i went to view the car my mate insured it for a week so we drove from the train station back to the owners house following his other mate. on a big roundabout the guy infront (who has owned this car before) was literally going sideways round the roundabout in his starlet N/A 1.3 LoL!! so shows this car has probably been abused at some stage!

Hah yeh, Timmis the previous owner, the guy who realised it had a cracked subframe, sold it on....the guy in the starlet now.

Yeh dont get me wrong its not a bad base, just wanted you to get to know the truth about it..

Hah yeh, Timmis the previous owner, the guy who realised it had a cracked subframe, sold it on....the guy in the starlet now.

Yeh dont get me wrong its not a bad base, just wanted you to get to know the truth about it..

okay thanks 'sepi'

there is welding on the subframes now, he did tell me it was cracked and he paid to have it welded up. do you know if he definetly had it welded up or not? i have looked underneath and looks pretty sound, i have mates in all trades where i live so i should be able to get it sorted if not. yeah for sure, there is no denying its a good base. i knew when i bought it needed tidying up...

jon

Update:

right ladies and gentlemen, its time for an update on the lupo.

since getting it back to my house, i have spent a long time detailing the bodywork, i think its had about 6 polishing/waxing sessions so far, and has been kept garaged and not driven, so its pretty shiny atm!

my electric porsche seats were wired in but not working, so i snipped the wires and linked them upto a 12v power supply, and wheeeey they burst into life. so i sat in the seats and fiddled around until i found a comfy position for both seats, disconnected the 12volts for now until i find a more permanent way of supplying them. more than likely take a 12v feed off the ignition or cigarette lighter with an inline fuse.... not sure yet.

also managed to rip off the door cards and find out why the door handle on the passenger side wasnt working, so havent a little metal linkage welded up in the week to sort that out.

drivers side window is still unsolved.

wheels still need a refurb.

just bought a standard exhaust off of a vw breakers in suffolk or somewhere, so i shall hopefully have that to put on soon instead of the horrible longlife one!

bin getting quotes for a respray/blow over as the bodywork isnt fantastic, but it can do for now.

bought a new leather gaiter for the gear stick

new headlights/sidelights

new spark plugs

new air filter

also stripped out the rear and boarded/carpetted it out

probably done alot more but cba to write anymore!

heres the pics:

after a good wash/polish etc

CIMG1575.jpg

CIMG1572.jpg

CIMG1597.jpg

i did say i have spent a long time polishing!

CIMG1598.jpg

poowwaaaa on the seats

CIMG1607.jpg

CIMG1604.jpg

heres the position they will stay in for now, obviously they still slide forwards and back, drivers seat lifts up and lowers also.

CIMG1606.jpg

and stripped/boarded/carpetted

CIMG1596.jpg

CIMG1609.jpg

CIMG1611.jpg

im not sure on the colour carpet i have used but it can always be retrimmed! i havent literally stripped the rear out. just taken the bottoms of the seats out and folded the back supports down and boarded on top of that. so if i need to take passengers its not hard to quickly pop the seats back in.

hope you like!

yeah progress is going to be getting better, as i said earlier i lost my license for driving my clio 172 a bit too fast. so now im stuck on the low and slow whilst i get my no claims back up. got my test again saturday though, so fingers crossed i pass and once im more mobile i can get to workshops etc to get things done.

im a bit worried there is going to be a few more hidden surprises waiting for me on vagcom, but i can only wait and see. like i said it did do 200 miles back to plymouth and has had some running around since. whether it has snags or not i will have to fix them as this is all i have until i get some no claims up!

• 2 weeks later...

tints removed on the left/right rear windows, but the actual rear window has been left on.

the gay longlife zorst has been removed and replaced with standard.

went to a scrappy and got a new back bumper, 4 door cards, and a rear view mirror for 25quid (bargain)

car is filthy due to the weather lately.

the bumper will have the line in the middle smoothed out and resprayed. its pointless repairing the one on there as its damaged and the cut out from the zorst will need filling etc etc.

still undecided on the whole wheel thing, not sure whether to keep them black or do something different?

pics:

no tints

CIMG1624.jpg

bargains

CIMG1617.jpg

bumper cleaned off, still needs a respray though

CIMG1618.jpg

mouldy door card, nothing i cant sort out though ;)

CIMG1619.jpg

good as new

CIMG1620.jpg

CIMG1621.jpg

more updates, when they're done. merry x-mas :D

• 2 weeks later...

right then, everything from the scrappy has been fitted with the exception of the back bumper. the lupo is having a respray towards the end of january, so i will have the bumper resprayed then and fitted. the plan with the bumpers is to have them re textured on the bottom halfs and left with the black plastic as they would be standard. so when i scrape on speedbumps it'll just scratch the plastic and not take the paint off. also having the arches rolled on the front, backs have already been done. will be fitting some 9-12mm spacers getting lower profile tyres on the rear and refurbing the brocks matt black. i am also on the hunt for a standard front grill so i can do the badge matt black like the wheels. but if i dont get one in time the bonnet will be smoothed and maybe add a bra. got a gen vw roof rack on the way i hope so its all coming together nicely. also going to order some pressed plates and surrounds from dubmeister, which will transform the front end.

so heres a list of my plans:

respray

get bumper fitted

arches rolled

spacers

refurb alloys

try and get hold of a standard front grill

new number plates

Plans Sound very good wink.gif.

looking forward to seeing it done.

Ryan.