accident

ge0rgia

really upset last night i chrashed my lupo!

driving along and my brakes didnt seem to be working! i had them flat to the floor and the car just didnt wanna stop, went strait into the back of sombody :(

actually gutted.

fronts ****ed up, need new bumper and new indicarors not sure if my raidators ****ed as well, does anybody elses temperture gauge stay at the lowest bit for ages and then go up to halway and then back down again randomly? :\

anybody got any cheap bits that i could buy, or any advice ahaa?

xx

Sorry to hear about the accident :(

but my temperature gauge just sits on 0 too, has done for a while now. the fan still kicks in when it needs to.

i think its just a sensor that needs replacing, or so ive been told before

The temperature sensor is a common fault - the part is about £25 from VW, and simple enough to fit yourself.

If your pedal went to the floor and you had no braking whatsoever, than that really needs sorting, however from how you describe the damage I would suggest you had slowed down considerably and only impacted at 10/15 mph - given the recent rain Im guessing you skidded straight into the back of the person in front.

Thankyou everybody for your comments! im glad that my temperture thing isnt the only one that does what it wants!

but yeah im fan still kicks in as well so i guess its fine! :)

I spoke to sombody about myy brakes, and they think that i was just skidding so it was my fault not my cars!

but like most girls i blame everybody and everythink but myself, so i still think i need to get the brakes checked lol :)

but thanks for the help,

if you see a little blue lupo driving about all taped up at the front u no thats me! :)x

Gutted for you but I'm sure it's repairable. :)

Doesn't sound too good about the temp gauge, couldn't tell you what would cause that but mine rises to halfway and then stays there.

Rear end shunts are easily done in this weather, roads are mega slippy especially with it raining, drying out, raining and all the leaves etc.