37" LCD TV

bjblyth

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a 37" LCD TV in the next few weeks, with a maximum budget of £500 for the right model, but the closer to £400 - the better!

I have seen Samsung 32" LCD's for as low as £285 and would settle for the smaller screen to be honest if the price difference is that much...

BUT deep down I do really want the extra 5" (the girls tell me it's important...) so if you have a TV you recommend, or you have seen/know of any good deals about - please let me know :shades:

• Like 1

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a 37" LCD TV in the next few weeks, with a maximum budget of £500 for the right model, but the closer to £400 - the better!

I have seen Samsung 32" LCD's for as low as £285 and would settle for the smaller screen to be honest if the price difference is that much...

BUT deep down I do really want the extra 5" (the girls tell me it's important...) so if you have a TV you recommend, or you have seen/know of any good deals about - please let me know :shades:

This ain't a bad place mate I've had a few teles off them before, near west bromich althou thats not very close for you :s lol! still some decent cheap teles :) Althou I think there prices in their showroom are a little cheaper than on their website. I picked up a samsung 32inch for £269 today, very happy wit that. lol!

http://www.digiland.co.uk/product-data.aspx?Group=TVS

Sam.

Edited by My_Names_Buck

Just paid the other week £550 for A Sony Bravia 40" 40V5500 with the Sony old tv trade in scheme (ends 29th Nov)..........the 37" version vorked out more expensive.

Also note that most manufacturers 37" models are of lower screen quality, and a 32" or a 40"+ can out perform a 37" e.g. Sony, Samsung etc

Just paid the other week £550 for A Sony Bravia 40" 40V5500 with the Sony old tv trade in scheme (ends 29th Nov)..........the 37" version vorked out more expensive.

Also note that most manufacturers 37" models are of lower screen quality, and a 32" or a 40"+ can out perform a 37" e.g. Sony, Samsung etc

you also get this deal with richer sounds

Interesting to know about screen quality. 32" was OK but just felt I wanted bigger for the difference I sit from the TV. Usually found myself pulling my sofa forwards so maybe 40" is my way forwards!

Thanks for all ideas, I'm still searching!

• Like 1

According to Which,

Best 32" - Panasonic Viera TX-L32X10 - under £400 (overall best TV)

Best 37" - Panasonic Viera TX-L37G10 - Under £650

Best 40" - Sony Bravia KDL-40E5510 - Under £1000, just.

As your budget is £500ish, the smaller TV seems more likely, depends HOW good you want the TV to be though dude.

I'm a member on which if you want me to give you a printscreen of 37's?

According to Which,

Best 32" - Panasonic Viera TX-L32X10 - under £400 (overall best TV)

Best 37" - Panasonic Viera TX-L37G10 - Under £650

Best 40" - Sony Bravia KDL-40E5510 - Under £1000, just.

As your budget is £500ish, the smaller TV seems more likely, depends HOW good you want the TV to be though dude.

I'm a member on which if you want me to give you a printscreen of 37's?

Great info mate thank you! A printscreen would be awesome... :D

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Two years ago we got a Sony Bravia 37" for £800 best piece of kit I've bought for a good while. Whilst only 720p it's stilla great picture. I know the new ones of the same size now are 1080p. But that's technology for you.

I'd thoroughly recommend the Sony.

Cheers.

I bought a Panasonic Viera 37X10 for £480 from Richer Sounds with a 5yr warranty - bargain!

The G10 version of the above is the same but 1080P. I'd rather save £120 and stick with 720P tbh, especially with the screen that small.