Insurance

DUB BOY

i need major help i've put a deposit down on a sport going of the quote i had at the start of the year at £2000 i was reasonably happy with that, but when i came to put it on the insurance now they want £3100 - £4095 (highest) what the foo!? so now i stand to loose my 'First' Car due to insurance can anyone help :(?

i need major help i've put a deposit down on a sport going of the quote i had at the start of the year at £2000 i was reasonably happy with that, but when i came to put it on the insurance now they want £3100 - £4095 (highest) what the foo!? so now i stand to loose my 'First' Car due to insurance can anyone help :(?

When you did the first quote did you out yourself down as being a provisional license holder?

When you did the first quote did you out yourself down as being a provisional license holder?

As far as i can remember i didnt im sure it was UK full, but does it make much difference insuring on a provisional then informing them when i pass?

any help would be great, going to give Quinn etc a call, but it's hard being as i havent passed yet so my feeling is that they dont give me a 'true' quote? .. Do you think they would do that? :|

Thanks again

How much are you really expecting it to change if you lived somewhere else?

Mine changed by £112 after moving a whole 15miles!! its a joke!

Anyway got my 51 GTI its £370 with privilege, 23(at the time) 5yrs NCB, 9points(on the bike:( ) and callnig this week to add mods :|

Hoping its not going to be massive!

Best bet is to shop around everywhere, its worth it, plus adding a girl makes a massive difference when your young!

As far as i can remember i didnt im sure it was UK full, but does it make much difference insuring on a provisional then informing them when i pass?

any help would be great, going to give Quinn etc a call, but it's hard being as i havent passed yet so my feeling is that they dont give me a 'true' quote? .. Do you think they would do that? :|

Thanks again

You are higher risk with a full license, and they price accordingley

Thanks again

I was with Quin for my first car (still with then now), on my own policy. Took it out on a provisional, was £800 they said when I passed it wouldn't go up. Ring them up on the day I passed.... Thats another £440 pounds please sir! Bad times lol

£176 a year fully comp on my gti

full no claims

fully protected

i just love being over 40 ;):lol: :lol: :P

You old bugger! :rolleyes:

£194: 3 points for speeding that are under 5 years old, all mods declared, full business cover, £0 voluntary excess, £60 compulsory excess.

It was £154 until I had to add the points. Ironically the points were for a Transit van!

i got insurance on my provisional and it was around £800, payed the first payment which was about £170 then 4 days later told them i'd passed my test and didn't have to pay anything more for passing, just each month it would go up to what i'd been quoted on a full licience so its worked out cheaper as the first payment was almost £400 on a full licience :)

i have a 1.0...

im 24...

0 NCB (using them on my other car)...

No crashes...

3 points (sp30 - speeding!)

No mods

Its £700 on my mums insurance! Which i thought was good (in comparison to other quotes i had) but is ridiculous in comparison to what you lot are paying! I do live in manchester tho which im guessing is a contributing factor! :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...