Insurance

DUB BOY

Right im new on here, have a mk1 golf for sale, looking to get a 1.4 16v lupo sport or a gti, im only 17. Im paying 2700 for my mk1 at the moment and thats a 1.3 so if anyone has a rough idea on how much more or less i would be paying for a lupo. Really like the gti but i think the insurance would be too expensive. What you paying?

Sam

Im paying 2700 for my mk1 at the moment

HOW MUCH!?! Is that fully comp?

I doubt you would be looking at any more than that on a lupo. I think if you're prepared to pay that much then you could get a sport (100bhp). I doubt you will be able to get a GTI though mate.

I pay a little over 1200 on a sport. 19yr old 2yr NCD.

EDIT: That's fully comp

Edited by marcusgrant

£750 FC on a 10 month policy with Bell on a GTI. Coilovers and wheels declared, 21 with 2 years no claims and mum as named driver (15+ years driving with no claims). But I have a no fault claim from back in April that hopefully won't affect my renewal in January.

Edited by cafcross

About £300 on the 1L :D

19 when the policy was taken out, 1 yrs NCB, 1 fault total loss claim. Mods all declared, even a few spare ones, just incase.

I think the GTi was about £800 odd, again, more mods declared than needed.

My first year of driving with a full lisence was £770 all declared on my own policy fully comp, this year it's gone down to £537. Only on a 1.0 though

Right im new on here, have a mk1 golf for sale, looking to get a 1.4 16v lupo sport or a gti, im only 17. Im paying 2700 for my mk1 at the moment and thats a 1.3 so if anyone has a rough idea on how much more or less i would be paying for a lupo. Really like the gti but i think the insurance would be too expensive. What you paying?

Sam

Why don't you just run it through a price comparison site rather than get guestimates from people in completely different situations? :confused:

Confused.com, Gocompare and Compare the Market (in that order IMO). Just plug in the details of what you expect to have when you come to insure it :)

Are you waiting until you have your first full year NCB first? Probably a good step. Might want to phone your insurance company first for a quote for the GTi.