Boot Smoothing

aarghbee

After succesfully filling and smoothing my own bonnet, I want to smooth the badge recess on my boot. Has anyone done this themselves? My brother is adamant that I need to weld a plate over the recess and then smooth it whereas I think it would be best to just fill it with body filler seeing as it's such a shallow recess.

im no expert, but mine had a plate welded in and them smoothed over. Like i say, no expert but i believe it would crack if it was just filler. im sure someone can shed more light on it for you though.

DONT just put filler in it! you will need to have a plate welded in! the filler will just crack eventualy over time. but maybe you get lucky and it doesnt... but the chances are it probably will.

i hope you welded a plate in the bonnet recess haha. can imagine to do it with just filler would be a pain in the arse...

definatly weld it, putting a plate in situe wont resolve the cracking problem as its possible to still move

If you want it done correctly - Weld it...

Edited by Icegeezer

Yeah, I'm definately going to weld it. I cut and shaped the plate at work today. If anyone has done this themselves can they tell me if they cut the recess out at the first or second step? or do you cut the recess out at all? I only ask because I'm getting advice from about three different people who say they know the best way to do it.