Modern Warfare 2

house

It can't just be me who's a trifle excited for Tuesday?! Of all the AAA games released this year, MW2 has to be the biggest. I was lucky enough to see 20 minutes of the game at Gamescon in August and it blew me away, it's been improved so much.

So who's buying it and on what platform? I'll be buying it for PS3 from play.com as they promise they'll deliver it on the day, well they better or i'll cry!

If your on PSN add me, MoMoOrHoUsE is the log in name.

I'm hoping you had lots to do this week? If not that's a school boy error! I'll be 'ill' on Tuesday, I just hope the lads at work don't grass me up!

Another question: Will you be playing through the single player first or will you be jumping on to multiplayer straight away? I'm not sure yet!

I'm not as excited as you guys, but i shouted at my screen earlier when my card got declined cause some ATM ate it last week! Now have to ring play and ask to swap it over to a mates card which is becoming a pain in the ass! I have next Wednesday booked off work, no intending to play it as i forgot it came out Tuesday, i shall now play it all day through single player and multiplayer in the evening!

I'm pretty up for it, me and a few of my mates play call of duty 4 all online and its great fun going around as a team! its a good laugh messing about on it. I hope they still have a 3vs3 playlist or even a 2vs2 would be quality. i plan to get it tuesday and play through the single player tuesday night and wednesday night then thursday and friday online!

Got mine preordered (xbox). Collecting from Blockbuster at Midnight. :D Was thinkin about getting the hardened edition for an extra tenner but couldnt make up my mind.

Multi player as soon as I get home for an hour or so.

Edited by Rattic

@bear. I know exactly what you mean about WAW but trust me, this is different. Infinity ward have improved everything but have kept the soul/hardcoreness of MW1.

I was thinking about getting mine at blockbuster as you get 10 free Blu-Ray rentals. Have you got any idea how much their charging? If it's £44.99 I'm there!

What do you meen?

Basically, on cod4 you can choose which server to play on, i.e your favourite server or something...

aparantly with cod6 there is no dedicated servers, meaning when you go to play online you get put onto a list as soon as theres "x" amount of players waiting a game will begin...

They screwed the pooch.

No dedicated servers, only 9v9 tops, random "hosting" meaning some turd with a crap connection gets 0-ping while your all suffering from 150+, no method of booting crap/cheating players.

IW can kiss it. The amusing side is that before long people with the pirated version will be playing on hacked/dedicated servers with more than 9v9 - meaning people who paid nothing for the game will be having a better experience than those who forked out the inflated asking price.

I don't condone piracy at all - but I've no sympathy for companies like IW who bring it on themselves through stupid design decisions.

i didnt pre order online cus of the postal strike, and didnt in store cus im a tool so instead im going to my local asda to que up with a reported 2000 other geeks. not to mention i have work at six the next day and all through the week so i wont even get to play it properly until friday when it will be an all day and night sesh online only as i only buy games for multi player now. single player bores me. you cant beat the unpredictability of other human players. add me on PSN i might be tempted to do story mode in co op:

TerryTibbs85

Edited by hunid-brake

@hundid. Added you over the weekend, I'm up for going through single player on hardcore, pick up those trophies!

Does anyone live near an Asda? If so go tonight at 12am and pick it up for £34! Cheapest in the UK.

Your welcome,

House.

• Like 1

Well we (Sainsbury's) missed out on the price that FIFA 10 went for (£24.99 and £26.71) as we still had it at £39.99 and missed out on loads of sales. So we've got in there with the cheap price this time to get more sales. Our store alone has 300 copies going on sale.

Thanks for updating the price, but was there any need for the 'lol'? I can't imagine you 'Laughed out loud' when you read £34? It's hardly a Jimmy Carr Joke. But your right, Sainsbury's let it slip this morning. Shame my local store closes at 9pm.