Piers' Gti... SOLD!

Piers

been looking at tyres to get some stretch... im thinking 165/45/15's... if i keep my wheels and get them refurb'd... need to see how it sits once the work is done and then make my decision. might even drop to 14's but not sure yet.

gave it a clean, polish and wax on sunday morning, detailed the engine bay and gave the inside a wipe over too so its nice and clean. will get another good clean before UD.

Big update will be next... got nothing else happening until the ______ has been fitted.... see if you can fill the blank ;)

165 tyres and 14" rims on a GTI? Thought you were more about the GO rather than the Show?

i will always be in favour of go rather than show mate :) what i have chosen to do has always been something i wanted but it was a lot of money... i got offered it and bit the bullet and got my wallet out! hence going down the show route... i do like quick cars but i love the look of my car and its a real headturner so i want to try and improve it a bit more... im sure everyone will like what im doing with it.... as far as i can see i will be the first silver Gti in the uk with it... will have to check once its done as i dont want to give it away lol

i could always buy another 205Gti if i wanted to go fast again... track only tho!

the wheels size will possibly make more sense once the work is done on the car. i need to see how it sits and go from there... will definately need stretch to pull it all off too.

Edited by Piers

haha i need to do something good Alex, to get on the good side of 90% of club lupo lol... i cant afford to do something that isnt epic... :lol:

im pretty sure it will go down well... very well! ;)

sorry mitch... cant reveal it yet :D

thanks lupoloverjoe :) the roof is a vinyl wrap... it is very good and normally costs around £100. it depends where you have it done really so you may pay more or less.... if im going to be totaly honest i wouldnt have it again. i would pay the difference to have it painted as vinyl wrap scratches very easily. the vinyl is very long lasting too.. mines been on for over a year and has no signs of lifting

once the "secret" work is done i will be saving up for paint and having the whole car tidied up at Ultimate car care... most likely towards the end of the year. at the time i will have the vinyl removed and have the roof painted black.

Edited by Piers

To stop losing your tow eye covers you need to use wire or cable ties and think of a way of attaching it at either end, so when they do drop off, they just dangle. Someone has already done it on here with wire, but I cannot remember who.

I was going to use thick cable ties, but haven't got around to it yet.

To stop losing your tow eye covers you need to use wire or cable ties and think of a way of attaching it at either end, so when they do drop off, they just dangle. Someone has already done it on here with wire, but I cannot remember who.

I was going to use thick cable ties, but haven't got around to it yet.

thats not a bad idea mate... im not sure how it could be done tho.

im going to seal mine on so they dont come off at all once the paint has been sorted... and just hope i dont break down lol

Edited by Piers

haha i need to do something good Alex, to get on the good side of 90% of club lupo lol... i cant afford to do something that isnt epic... :lol:

im pretty sure it will go down well... very well! ;)

haha ill wait in anticipation :P

This is the one to watch :D

Cheers Ben, fingers crossed :D still on for friday mate? will drop you a text or ring you later :)

Edited by Piers