vw lupo confirmed on gran turismo 5

bailey23

It's so nice knowing there are like minded people on this site! Have you guys tried PlayTV? It's awesome, the only downside is that you can't series link yet. Another tick for the PS3 is that you can upgrade your hdd with any 2.5 hdd you want, you have to buy the dedicated hdd's from M$ for the xbox. We'll be able to download HD movies from the PSN store soon also.

• Like 1

Its personal preference at the end of the day.

I've only had the PS1 so didnt really get a ps2, cause in fairness the xbox was better.

The PS3 may be better now, but im happy sticking with my 360...

As for your list, al... lol..

BBC iPlayer - 360 has Sky.

360 can connect to your pc, like mine is, i can view all my photos, listen to all my music etc on my xbox.

Wireless gaming? 360 has that too?

Games dont cost me £50 at all, and i still play online :coffee:

I dont hate the PS3, if someone gave me one i'd probably play it. Plus id get GT5. But im not spending hundreds of pounds just to play a game because my car is in it, i'd rather just go and drive my car. How much more realistic can you get?

The orignal xbox was better than the PS2? Even Microsoft admitted it wasn't! The PS2 held it's £300 price tag for the first year of release, the xbox had to lower the price to £199 within 6 weeks because no-one bought it, and just to add insult to injury M$ had to give three free games to everyone who paid full price. Sony wanted a 10 year life cycle for the PS2 and it's done it, the xbox was discontinued after 5. It wasn't as bad as the Dreamcast but it was a disaster. The PS2 on the other hand is unbeaten on sales to this day.

I'm guessing when nfbr mentioned wireless gaming I'm asuming he meant it's got Wi-Fi built in, unlike the xbox which costs an additional £60.

The PS3 will have Sky next year.

The PS3 can also connect to a PC, mine is connected to my Mac.

I've owned two 360's and I can honestly say that the PS3 is far superior. It's a more grown up console, there are no annoying kids shouting down the mic, the interface is a beautiful unlike the childish one on the xbox and it plays Blu-Ray's.

The console war will always rage but at the end of the day the BD drive in the PS3 is the winning factor, not so much for the films but for the sheer capacity of the discs. Multiple discs in 2009/10 is an embarrassment, it just reminds me of my Amiga days. Next year will be very interesting for both consoles.

My money's on Sony,

House.

• Like 2

Wireless gaming? 360 has that too?

I dont hate the PS3, if someone gave me one i'd probably play it. Plus id get GT5. But im not spending hundreds of pounds just to play a game because my car is in it, i'd rather just go and drive my car. How much more realistic can you get?

xBox - You have to PAY MONEY to play online games

XBOX_Live-Gold-Card.jpg <--- These are not free...

And am I not correct in saying you have to buy this to connect wirelessly:

xbox-360-wireless-adapter.jpg

TBF, I'd like to have an xBox 360 as a second console, but since I don't spend that long per week gaming, It'd be a waste of money.

The best part is, I bought my PS3 as a Blu-Ray player as it was cheeper than buying a Blu-Ray player which could also do SACD and DVD-Audio. I didn't quite realise the amount of other cool stuff that you can do with it!

Edited by nfbr

Yeah my PS3 is linked to my MAC, i can download divx movies straight to my 250gb HD i put in in 20 minutes for 50 quid, i can do this through the ps3's built in web browser that the xbox doesnt have, i have play tv which is free and i can puse rewind record live tv using my HD to store programs, i have a ps eye and a psp so when i was abroad on holiday i pointed my camera out the window towards my car then while in the hotel abroad i used their wireless internet to turn my ps3 on with 'remote play' which then allowed me to access everything on my ps3 through my psp which i connected with a lead to the tv in my hotel room, thus enabling me to have a live feed video stream of my car to make sure it was ok and not broken into or stolen. once i had done this i could activate play tv and watch all the british freeview channels through the hotel tv or watch a divx movie i had downloaded, or listen to my music or watch 'vid zone'. bbc iplayer is great to watch shows you've missed full screen on my 40" 1080P Bravia or i can watch Five Demand to catch up on that. I have a collection of Blu Rays (what happened to HD Ready dvds????) i dont pay anything to play online, the wireless controllers with ps3s have the battery built in and ways nothing but still offers 30 hours of gameplay with brilliant wireless connectivity thanks to built in blutooth, none of this big chunky batteries hanging off the back of already big chunky controllers and with headsets connecting with a cable to the controller. Cables??? what are they? is this 1999?? get with it fanboys, the PS3 owns and with ever increasingly good titles coming exclusively to ps3, microsoft will end up scraping xbox before long and bring up yet another poor console for you to buy, so the initial cost of my PS3 will work out to be a great deal as it will last twice as long as these are built to last.

You can get an xbox elite (microsofts best effort to match the ps3) for £199 with 2 games. for £50 more you can get a new PS3 slim 120gb with a blu ray play and all the above advantages mentioned with one game. Minus the cost of annual subscription to xbox live and it works out at just £50 difference, you would have to be mental not to chose the PS3, end of. At least Sony could fit all the electrics into the console without having a breeze block in the power cable. sorry about the rant but honestly xbox is dump. I know i used to have one. :shades:

• Like 1

360 has Sky.

Oh dear james, looks like your beloved Eggbox 340 has failed again...

Sky TV on the xBox is £15.00 per month unless you are already a sky TV customer, in which case you wouldn't even want it on your games console...