My Lupo

VinnyGTI

Hello,

Dont think i have done a readers ride or posted pictures of the Lupo, but i have had her lowered on FK ak coilovers from Kam Racing and running on Black Super Ts bought from OLW.

I would like the rear lower but apparently the springs need to settle and they didn't come with adjusters.

Anyway here are the pictures, comments please.

This is what she looked like when i first got her -

DSC00206Small.jpg

DSC02226.jpg

DSC02225.jpg

DSC02223.jpg

DSC02232-1.jpg

DSC02234-1.jpg

DSC02236.jpg

With my mate's Yaris TS

DSC02247.jpg

DSC02255.jpg

DSC02254.jpg

Hope you all like the pictures.

Regards,

Vinny

Edited by VinnyGTI

Shack that Skoda caddy looking thing was cool.

Yeah i like the wheels too :) Looks like a bit of rake going on there... not fond of that

Erm.. i've thought about it for about 2 hours now and still dont get what you mean by rake. Nose down?

Edited by VinnyGTI

Hahahaha, best thing i have read in ages! Oh well, cant please everyone.

I don't mind the wheels maybe space them 15/20mm, but you should raise the front to match the rear. I think you'll find your car will be skip happy on the rear end like that.

Raise the front and if the rear does settle on the springs you can always lower the front to match.

Thank you, i might just try that.

I've not had it skip on the back, but saying that i haven't been taking it round corners that fast.

Spacers, would i need to put them on the rear or on the front, or even both?

Rake is the difference between the height at the front and the height at back of the car. You have a lot of rake - I actually thought the back of the car was jacked up in the first photo :lol:

Slight rake tends to suit the non-GTI's because of the shape of the wheel arches, but for me GTI's always look better when they are sitting level. The good thing with coilovers though is you can adjust it till it looks right :)

Thank you, i might just try that.

I've not had it skip on the back, but saying that i haven't been taking it round corners that fast.

Spacers, would i need to put them on the rear or on the front, or even both?

Spacers on the rear will stop the tail end being quiite so skippy. Others report it, but I have never noticed\felt it. Maybe I need to try harder.

Rear only may increase the understear when pushing it, but understear "ist spaß, Ja?"

I have 20mm on the rear and also have a set of 10mm to go on the front, but need longer bolts, but have never felt the need for them.

Spacers on the rear will stop the tail end being quiite so skippy. Others report it, but I have never noticed\felt it. Maybe I need to try harder.

Rear only may increase the understear when pushing it.

I have 20mm on the rear and also have a set of 10mm to go on the front, but need longer bolts, but have never felt the need for them.

Cheers dude, come next payday I'll get her sorted!

Thanks for the advice