is this a real lupo gti

JDarosa

1991 called. It wants its air filter back.

No headlamp washers, gearstick gaiter held on by masking tape, arosa tail lights, random blue wire coming from under dash, no cdplayer, no engine cover, wheels knackered, coolant looks suspicously brown

Apart from that looks good

No headlamp washers, gearstick gaiter held on by masking tape, arosa tail lights, random blue wire coming from under dash, no cdplayer, no engine cover, wheels knackered, coolant looks suspicously brown

Headlamp washers are there, just need the caps.

Gear Gaiter: No Masking tape there???

Arosa light: personal taste?

Random Blue wire: Speaker wire that needs tucking up under the dash.

No cd Player: Not the end of the world

No engine cover: See K&N Filter

Wheels knackered: Yea need a refurb, gives you an excuse to chose a new colour...

Coolant: Ok needs a coolant change, or new pot. No head gasget issues there. Drives great.

£3000 Makes a good track day car or drop a 1.8T lump in... Either way its HALF the price of a straight one.

Seems Fair to me... :D

Don't waste your time or money on the blue lupo for sale.

This car was on sale about 2-3 months ago in Barking I viewed it and it was front and rear damaged and the boys selling it didn't finish the repair and were selling it for £2300, I test drove it, the box was clunky and you could hear the thrust bearing going, and drivers seat wouldn't stay down, it would pop up when you got up along with inner window rubbers missing on drivers door lol

Steer clear!

Headlamp washers are there, just need the caps.

Gear Gaiter: No Masking tape there???

Arosa light: personal taste?

Random Blue wire: Speaker wire that needs tucking up under the dash.

No cd Player: Not the end of the world

No engine cover: See K&N Filter

Wheels knackered: Yea need a refurb, gives you an excuse to chose a new colour...

Coolant: Ok needs a coolant change, or new pot. No head gasget issues there. Drives great.

£3000 Makes a good track day car or drop a 1.8T lump in... Either way its HALF the price of a straight one.

Seems Fair to me... :D

Has anyone noticed that the Poster above has the Username of NBR, and if you look at the link in the top right hand corner the car is for sale by a garage which is part of the NBR motorgroup. Wondered how he knew so much about the car!

Worst Gti I have ever seen, all of the things wrong with it shout out 'modified on the cheap' and 'totally uncared for'. So many little things wrong that are cheap to fix yet have not been attended to, sure as hell that anything expensive has not been attended to.

Also noticed:

No rear VW badge.

Instrument clocks cleaned with wire wool...how the hell do you manage to scratch them that bad?

Huge crease in driver seat base bolster would indicate a collapsing bolster to me, my seats were firm as they day they were new after 80,000 miles so this is caused by careless entry and exit - ie: sitting on the bolster.

Red edging on the mats looks like it has never had a clean.

Lower door panel on driver's door looks scuffed a plenty.

So many obvious faults that would all be cheap and easy to fix. Obvious lack of care makes me wonder how many hidden faults are lurking. I would not give more than £2000 for this, purely to get the shell and log book as a restoration build.

Has anyone noticed that the Poster above has the Username of NBR, and if you look at the link in the top right hand corner the car is for sale by a garage which is part of the NBR motorgroup. Wondered how he knew so much about the car!

Yep one in the same person.

Yes Ladies & Gents the car is not perfect. But then as i said before the price reflects that. I will try and answer some of the points raised in this thread & your more than welcome to ask any further questions and i will answer them for you.

Rear badge(s), Head lamp washer covers & a few other odds & sods are being ordered on monday, and then fitted once they arrive.

Interior Window rubbers will then be fitted.

A few other bits then be done before it is re-cleaned & re-pictured.

I pretty much just got it and then got it up for sale. So its not had my full attention yet because i knew it needed more than just a valet.

When i got the car i took it straight to the MOT station where it passed once a new tyre, a couple of bulbs & the drivers seat frame fixed. The MOT inspector dropped the car back to me and was "raving" on about how good it was to drive. His jaw hit the floor when i told him it was a CAT C. He did not realise until i told him. Yes it was un-valeted & a few marks but he really did not know. So read into that what you will.

Since then it was flatted & mopped then valetted, Used car checked. Nothing horrible raised it head.

I have not noticed any excessive drivers seat wear, but will check tomorrow.

I cannot see from the pictures the scuffing on the lower drivers door card, again will check tomorrow.

At the end of the day "it is, what it is"

If you want a mint box, perfect GTi there are plenty to chose from (about 12 on autotrader, if you call 12 plenty) and this is not the one for you. If you have not got the necessary funds to buy the equivalent "straight " (£6k) GTi then this could be the one for you. Or of course if you want a project, engine conversion, track car etc then this would be perfect (i almost fancy doing this to it myself :rolleyes: )

I wish you all the best, feel free to flame, praise, curse me or what ever takes your fancy.

Neil

you know what, all the people who cry on about accident damaged car's on here make me lol, at the end of the day it's on show in all it's glory, he aint hid nothing.

how many of you lot believe the car your driving has had no repair's no matter how small, unless you have owned a car from new and you aint bumped it and even then i know of cars being repaired prior to being registered . good luck with the sale mate i think 2500 is fair for it but good on you if you get your asking.

you know what, all the people who cry on about accident damaged car's on here make me lol, at the end of the day it's on show in all it's glory, he aint hid nothing.

how many of you lot believe the car your driving has had no repair's no matter how small, unless you have owned a car from new and you aint bumped it and even then i know of cars being repaired prior to being registered . good luck with the sale mate i think 2500 is fair for it but good on you if you get your asking.

exactly, turns out my clio has had 2 new front ends lol, never written off though..and both repairs done by renault which i'm pleased about

but in my honest opinion i would prefer a non crashed car, but there is very few out there!!

Yep one in the same person.

Rear badge(s), Head lamp washer covers & a few other odds & sods are being ordered on monday, and then fitted once they arrive.

Interior Window rubbers will then be fitted.

A few other bits then be done before it is re-cleaned & re-pictured.

I'm sure there were other faults I noticed with this car when I viewed it from these guys you must have bought it from Neil.

Hat goes off to you though, I would love to see you eagerly make this a track car for yourself! It's got such a unique colour!

I think you are the same Neil of Bon Autos I bought my silver lupo gti from back in Dec 2007, maybe it was a blessing I crashed it and got paid out, lord knows it had enough faults with it that I didn't want to pay for, did you know that a second key from vw cost me £140 in addition to a gearbox rebuild costing £790 with new clutch only 3months after buying it? Gutted!

Btw what is the difference between a Cat C and a Cat D?