new car - hopefully this one won't meet an untimely demise!

Adam K

ok, picked it up today and got it remapped already too :D

damn i can't help myself!

:thumbup:

I know the maps on diesels can have a benefit to MPG, is the same true on turbo petrols (to a point)? Maybe a daft question, but I've never really looked into it before.

:thumbup:

I know the maps on diesels can have a benefit to MPG, is the same true on turbo petrols (to a point)? Maybe a daft question, but I've never really looked into it before.

yes it's the same on turbo'd petrol cars. it has made a massive massive difference and it's like a totally different car. allegedly gained 40-50bhp so around 260-270bhp and should be around 300-330ft/lb of torque. it feels like it, but really i wouldn't like to make any claims of power till it's been on a dyno, but the amount of torque it now has is silly.

i have the dreamscience stratagem handset which basically has 5 different maps on it....

Performance (A marked improvement on std keeping its character)

Performance+ (A surprisingly rewarding map, like Performance, but a bit more oomph)

Race (More boost than perf+ and less impact than Race+ suitable for full mods)

Race+ (amazing response and instant kick)

DSCI (More boost and torque for more of the revs a much more of a drivers map very progressive great for modified and part modified alike, a great basis for things to come)

each map has different characteristics and you can revert to stock at any time, and upload each map to your car as many times as you want. i am running the DSCI map at the moment which is the most agressive as boost kicks in higher up the range and harder and gives you that classic turbo'd car feel. the other maps are more progressive.

very very pleased with the performance so far, going fast is effortless.

It all sounds peachy.

I think I'm going to have a proper think about the Fiesta in the new year. The practicality and durability (trim) of the 5-door ST would probably swing it over a Leon Cupra as a family hauler.

It all sounds peachy.

I think I'm going to have a proper think about the Fiesta in the new year. The practicality and durability (trim) of the 5-door ST would probably swing it over a Leon Cupra as a family hauler.

i really would think long and hard about it, give it some stick and it's low single figure consumption. i have no idea on your disposable income situation, but it really is an expensive car to run.

on the other hand it's a hell of a lot of car for the money, and what you save on buying it compared to something more prestigious you can throw into the fuel costs.