new car - hopefully this one won't meet an untimely demise!

Adam K

yes it's a ford, and no somebody didn't drug me and make me buy it.

focus1.jpg

focus2.jpg

focus3.jpg

focus4.jpg

3 Doors, Manual, Hatchback, Petrol, 40,000 miles, Performance Blue. ABS, Adjustable seats, Adjustable steering column/wheel, Air conditioning, Alloy wheels, Computer, Driver airbag, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Foglights, Head restraints, Headlight washers, Folding rear seats, Leather seats, Lumbar support, Immobiliser, Passenger airbag, Power assisted steering, Remote locking, Side airbags, Radio/CD Multichanger, Rear headrests, Sports seats, Traction control, 18" Alloy Wheels, DEATC, ESP - Electronic Stability Programme, Key Free System, Rear Parking Sensors, Anti theft system, Body kit, CD Multichanger, Central locking, Climate Control, Colour coding - Body, Colour coding - Interior, Front armrest, Heated screen, Heated seats, Locking wheel nuts, Metallic paintwork, Radio, Sideskirts, Spoiler. Insurance Group:17

it's an ST3 (top spec model) with some added extras like keyless entry and parking sensors.

i chose it cos they are relatively cheap to insure since i lost most of my ncb in my accident. only reservation i have is fuel consumption which by all accounts will be low 20's to the gallon, but the 5 cyl engine does sound sweet.

was originally gonna go for a new TT, but sensibility got the better of me, and at only £260 a month for finance payments this is pretty cheap.

you may now flame me!

Edited by Adam K

better than a diesel TT though still not something I would get out of bed early to take for a spin. Montune remap seems to have done wonders for the evo mag long termer they are running, giving more power than the focus RS for not that much outlay.

You know what makes me laugh/cry about these focus ST's... 5 Door Versions DON'T have rear elec windows as standard. For The best part of 20k i'd want that as standard.

Nice looking car Adam hope you enjoy it, their a hoot to drive... I would of gone for ASBO Orange but thats my personal choice. :)

You know what makes me laugh/cry about these focus ST's... 5 Door Versions DON'T have rear elec windows as standard. For The best part of 20k i'd want that as standard.

you serious???

i mean... seriously you can't live without "rear electric windows"??? :huh:

Nice looking car Adam hope you enjoy it, their a hoot to drive... I would of gone for ASBO Orange but thats my personal choice. :)

i do love the orange ones, and i honestly would have bought one had it not been for the fact that i use my car for business sometimes, and this is a little more subtle. in theory work could give me some restrictions on what i drive as i actually pay for this with my car allowance. they never would restrict me as the company isn't like that, but i don't think orange would impress them much.

A great choice and I'm ever so slightly envious. You can't knock performance Fords for a £ per :D basis. I've seen a few with Dreamscience badges, presumably this is a map job.

A great choice and I'm ever so slightly envious. You can't knock performance Fords for a £ per :D basis. I've seen a few with Dreamscience badges, presumably this is a map job.

yeah, i'll be getting a dreamscience map for mine with the handset to change between different maps. as far as i've read, you get 5 or 7 different maps (depending on handset model) on the handset which you can obviously flash to your car as many times as you want depending on if you want performance or economy.

not that economy enters into it with these things. low 20's to the gallon are to be expected on average.

i'm excited, but at the same time nervous. how the hell will these things sell second hand in 2 or 3 years time when petrol is extortionate and nobody wants to buy them?

loverly motor pal, id of personally gone for the mk5 Gti but still quite a fine choice of car.

i do like the mk5 gti, and it would be way more economical than the ST, but the 2.5 5cyl engine really is a corker! can't wait to get it mapped, hopefully get it done within the next few weeks.

yeah i have the extended warranty, so got another 2 years of worry free motoring.

i paid £12k for this on an 06 plate with 40k on the clock.

if i had have bought privately i would have got much more of a bargain, infact i think i would have got one with half the mileage for the same money. they just happened to have one with the right spec and colour, and it was there and available, so being impatient i just went for it as they also offered a fairly decent finance option.

i did consider an octavia vRS like yours jon, but after owning the fabia vRS i was just a little wary of other peoples badge snobbery, not that owning a ford gives anyone any kudos, but you know what i mean.

with regards to my short lived aspirations to get a TT diesel..... i was supposed to have a test drive in one today but the dealer phoned and cancelled and said they had sold the car i was gonna drive and that they would have to get another one in for saturday. i had the day off work today as i was gonna test drive the TT and a new mini cooper S, so to waste some time i called the ford dealer and they had the ST available so i figured i'd give it a spin. i also went into the renault dealer and could have bought a brand spanking new clio sport 200 for pretty much the same monthly finance figure.

jon, have you bought a volvo? i really want a c30 t5 in white with bodykit and big wheels.

Edited by Adam K

you serious???

i mean... seriously you can't live without "rear electric windows"??? :huh:

why should you have too? It would probally cost ford £2.50 and a bag of jelly tots to fit them.

I'm pretty sure "all" the competition have them.

Good cars these, a mate of mine bought one so I went and looked and test drove one as well.

Best bits of them are the interior, really like the gauges on the dashboard and the fact that they are very easy to eek more power out of.

Friends one was put on the rollers after a de-cat pipe and Mongoose exhause and it pulled 252bhp. Everything else on it was stock.

The me the only downside is the torque limiters in 1st/2nd gear which I found held it back slightly, didn't quite have that urgency that I feel in my Megane. Still, great cars though can see why you bought one.

Nice choice. I was looking at one too after selling my lupo gti. I looked at everything in this price range including the mk5 gti and the megane. Eventually this won after a hard fought battle!

The St would be my second choice and still would like to give one a try. The has been great so far. Weird going into a totally illogical interior after the Lupo which just made sense. That's my only niggle. Am loving the handling and the torque and am thinking of tuning when the warranty runs out.

2009-06-25193202.jpg

i'm excited, but at the same time nervous. how the hell will these things sell second hand in 2 or 3 years time when petrol is extortionate and nobody wants to buy them?

i wouldnt worry about it mate, youve already bought it now

youve got a nice new car just enjoy it (:

but after owning the fabia vRS i was just a little wary of other peoples badge snobbery

That's what I love about my vRS - the fact that many people still seem taken aback by just how fast a "Skoda" is...

One of my Neighbors has a Focus ST in Grey. It's a really nice looking car, but he drives it like a complete weapon everywhere. Even to the point of nearly running his own son over a few months back.

Edited by nfbr

One of my Neighbors has a Focus ST in Grey. It's a really nice looking car, but he drives it like a complete weapon everywhere. Even to the point of nearly running his own sun over a few months back.

if he ran the sun over i think he'd have more than a slight issue, but it would be pretty impressive none the less!

ok, picked it up today and got it remapped already too :D

damn i can't help myself!

high speed performance is pretty epic to say the least, plant it in 5th and 6th and it just goes and goes. well pleased with it so far, only complaint is that you can really feel it's weight when chucking it around and it understeers quite easily, but tbh this car was more about comfortable cruising for me rather than all out nimbleness round the twistys.