Unbranded, In-Car DVD/Sat Nav

Hi Guys,

Its the son now :P and btw, I fitted the Sony in my little pug before my old man takes credit for that :rolleyes::P but yeah, it was nailed, disappointingly. Mind you, it flew out the dashboard after I got hit in the back so maybe it was to be expected lol!

So i've been looking at getting maybe a ripspeed or something like that. But I was browsing through eBay and found these Unbranded in-car dvd/sat nav jobbies. Just wondered has anyone ever had any experience with these? Theres loads coming from China, but this dudes selling them from London:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...ht_12608wt_1165

I'm well used to the phrase, 'if its too good to be true, it probably is'. So i'm still very much considering buying the Ripspeed, but I just wondered whether these were a decent alternative, or whether they're a crappy knock off. From what I read elsewhere, they ain't too bad, but ones perception of what is bad and what is good may differ, so figured I'd come here and ask (And probably register my own account after using my old mans :D ) and get a wider variety of opinions.

Edited by Landroverwolf

Holly crap!!! That's got a lot of kit with it.

If it works for 12 months then you've got your money's worth from it.

Worth buying...??? If you don't have any problems with it and it's in English ( :lol: ) then yeah. Worth a try.

The other one I was looking at was this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...#ht_19099wt_851

imported from China. Thats my only issue. i've bought things from china before and had issues and in reality... you can't send them back easily. I guess thats an assurance with buying it from london.

Good point and I appreciate your reply. I wasn't necessarily going to use it as much of a DVD player. I've never watched a DVD in the car in my life and had a little portable DVD player for like 5 or 6 years. It was more the Sat Nav, MP3 CD and iPod features I kind of looked at. I think i'm going to give it a try. If I do buy one, i'll pop up a review on here saying whether it is worth what I pay :)

Cheers (im off to register my own account :P)

I've heard that the screen quality is questionnable, but I'm really looking for the sat nav features rather than the ability to view DVD's. We'll see what pops up :P cheers everyone!

I've heard that the screen quality is questionnable, but I'm really looking for the sat nav features rather than the ability to view DVD's. We'll see what pops up :P cheers everyone!

And there was me thinking the satnav feature used the screen too :huh:

Hehe, okay, I didn't write that very well. Of course the sat nav uses the screen, but i asked the fella selling them and it apparently gives you the directions out of the speakers while having the map on the machine. I would prefer NOT to look at the screen and to have it direct me through the voice. So that is where I was coming from :P Sorry about that! :D

if your after the halfords one i had mine fitted in my golf for about 2 months ( then took it out to sell the car ) and the picture quality was great IMHO considering how much it cost. would consider selling it as well as i love the headunit in the audi so its sitting here doing nothing

Well now you know they are for certain :lol: have you ordered one yet?

Not yet. Been looking at a few different RipSpeed actually. I've come to the conclusion that I can always buy a dash mounted Sat Nav :D:lol: