+25 BHP MOD

Landroverwolf

LOL! Are you saying its a bit of a gimmick? Won't really improve performance at all :P ?

Hit the nail on the head mate :)

In a very few odd cases these can improve performance, but in 99% of cases they just make the car run a bit rough because it essentially has a broken temp sensor, and will just run like it was poorly mapped, with an over rich fuel mixture.

Edited by cobblers

SO HOW DOES IT WORK?

THIS LITTLE, SIMPLE TO FIT DEVICE WILL MODIFY YOUR ECU, TELLING IT THAT THE AIR INTAKE IS 2 DEGREES COOLER. THE IGNITION THEN ADVANCES BY 2 DEGREES GIVING YOU MORE POWER AND INCREASING TORQUE.

LMAO I love how they can be so accurate when telling you how a universal product works! This is absolute rubbish as every car reacts differently to colder temperatures.

Fold your rear seats down. It makes the car more aerodynamic and it also lowers the centre of gravity. You do loose a little MPG's though as I have found.

Interesting. I've always folded the seats down anyway, but never noticed a real improvement. Then again, i've never been looking for one :lol:

I've just been reading that these things are apparantly a 20p resistor from maplins in a box filled with resin. Sounds a bit of a con to me. And from what i've read, it seems to really mess up your engine mapping.

Interesting. I've always folded the seats down anyway, but never noticed a real improvement. Then again, i've never been looking for one :lol:

I've just been reading that these things are apparantly a 20p resistor from maplins in a box filled with resin. Sounds a bit of a con to me. And from what i've read, it seems to really mess up your engine mapping.

It's basically the same as driving an old petrol car around with the choke on 25% all the time!

More or less yeah. Just adds more fuel.

If you want cheap/free mods that work then derestrict your airbox and make sure there is plenty of cold air getting to it. Or strip the car out. 1 seat and half a dash FTW ;)

20p? they don't even cost that much mate! :o but yes they are just a resistor in a plastic box with two wires coming out that is then filled with resin. excellent profit for the sellers really!

these things are apparantly a resistor from maplins in a box filled with resin.
they are just a resistor in a plastic box with two wires coming out that is then filled with resin.

You know it's the ultimate recipe for power! Forget big turbos, Large MAF Housings, Equal length manifolds and Uprated fuel pressure regulators!

20p? they don't even cost that much mate! :o but yes they are just a resistor in a plastic box with two wires coming out that is then filled with resin. excellent profit for the sellers really!

I think they sell them in pairs... they have to because 1/2p coins don't exist any more.

If I was dishonest, I'd be selling them too mind!!

I'd invent my own company called "Placebo Tuning Ltd."

Edited by nfbr

THIS IS A REPOST!!

Have you tried the carrot on a stick tuning method yet? Get a stick not too long and tie a carrot to it with a length of string. Fix it to the front f the vehicle with suitable fixings. Then be prepared to be amazed at the transformation of that little French piece of **** into a Raging horsepower driven monster. Horsepower gains(backed with scientific evidence courtesy of ACME Labs) will be in the region of 350bhp(I **** you not) Sit back at the lights and wipe the smirk off the face of the next sneering prick who pulls up next to you in a scoobydoo as you leave him choking in a cloud of burning engine oil as you hare up the road.When combined with a proprietary cauliflower backburner we recommend taking your private pilots licence as there will be no way of keeping that ****ers wheels on the ground once you pass the 1000bhp mark. to improve the looks of that ugly french ****er a pair of pink fluffy dice available for the princely sum of ÂŁ10.99 from HALFRAUDS will have all the local slags droppin their nickers at the 1st sight of you and your monster, dump the back seats and install a matress, after all who needs an extra pair of pricks in the back weighing you down and spoiling the action.

Landroverwolf.... can't go wrong with the advice above :D

Edited by 99hjhm

• 3 weeks later...

hey. i actually bought one of these for my polo a while ago. thinking the same as what anyone browsing ebay would see. oooo 25 bhp more. well no it says up to 25 bhp. you would only get increases close to that if you were running a 3 litre engine or similar. i did see a very slight noticeable difference but next to nothing really, just made the car overfuel. the car did produce flames now and again though which was nice hehe :).

steve

Edited by steve-w