Ford Focus St170 Vs Lupo Gti 6 speed - who's faster

Slicknick

Hi all

I have a question for you good fellows.

I have a m8 at work who has just bought a Focus ST170 and has challanged me to a burn, all though i'm almost certain that my Lupo will win i would just like some back up from you guy's to comfirm this, before i go and get burnt!

All answers on a postcard to this forum!!! hee smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I'm afraid to say....probably the Focus.

143bhp/ton in the Focus plays 128bhp/ton in the Lupo. Figures for the Focus say `0-60` in 7.9, so I reckon you'd be looking at 7.`3-7`.5 with just a driver

(Remember manufacturers speed tests are done with 2 people, 1/2 tank of fuel and a load to simulate some luggage/baggage)

IIRC the best `0-60` we've had out of a Lupo was mine at 7.7 seconds - and that was a 5 speed....6 speeds are slower to 60, but faster over 60 and through the gears

The focus 170 is a piece of crap. i can't believe it has got 170 bhp. my friends leon cupra is 180 bhp and that feels twice as fast as the st 170. they are really crap inside too.

I've test driven one and thought the Getrag gearbox was excellent. In common with other Focuses, the handling was excellent too. It'd be interesting against the Loop on a windy road.

As for the traffic light grand prix, never raced one so I wouldn't know. In common with the other messages I'd be surprised if it'd beat the Loop. I reckon it'd be a pretty close run thing.

Who the hell would buy one anyway when for the same money you could have a Civic Type R?

i would have a civic type r over a focus. i remember them being a bit crap inside too. the seats were very nice. i didn't like the gear stick postion on the type r when i test drove it a while back. it felt to high. when i get in other cars now the gear sticks feel to low compared to the S2000. So maybe i will like the gear shift now. but i would rather a seat leon cupra r in black over the civic type r.

that will be 8k more please. you numpty biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I've had a couple of ST170 have a go.

First time I overtook him on a dual carriageway, got to the next roundabout and he tried and failed to reovertake me.

Second time was next to some lights leading down a dual carriageway hill. Got so far ahead of him that at the bottom of the hill I had time to go 360 degrees round the small but not mini roundabout at the bottom of the hill.

I got coilovers tho and second time they made the difference round the sweepers

Race him, he not gonna like it