electric window problems

p41n3y

hey people

just bort a arosa n the lecy window is playin **** on drivers side,

is this a kown fault if so ow can it b solved ?

w/b thanks :rolleyes:

i dont know if its a fault but i bought mine last week and its doing the same im going to strip the door down and check the runners and il keep you posted.

Very common - I've heard that the regulators on these have a 45% failure rate!

Stripped mine down the other night. The symptom was that it would crack and crunch as you lowered the window. Basically, there are metal cables that are routed around various plastic wheels - including the main spool that is powered by the motor and winds up the cables. On ours, the cable had chewed up that spool.

If you are lucky, it will just need relubing.

There is a guide in this thread:

Clicky

Cheers,

Stu

Sometimes its only the switches, if its not the aforementioned problem check out my guide, theres a link in my sig.

Edited by tomnotrevo

Sometimes its only the switches, if its not the aforementioned problem check out my guide, theres a link in my sig.

somebody beat me to it , rather than spunking out £50+ on a regulator, check the switch.there easy enough to check and EVERY arosa i have had dealings its the drivers side switch as the water drips from the door above it and falls right on to it and shorts it out. from memory there about £8/12 each switch so ....

or to test it take the one out of the passenger side door and try it inplace of the drivers side one and see it it works if the window works its the switch thats f*cked.

• 1 year later...

I'd suggest the original poster reposts this in English rather than chav and watches his language. This is a family forum and circumventing the swear filter repeatedly WILL get you banned!

rolleyes.gif