Fitting an LCR Splitter to Lupo GTI

This is how I fitted the splitter to my LUPO GTI.... If you don't like the way I have done it, do it differently.

1. Go to your Local Seat dealer and get a Seat Leon Cupra R' front splitter... Part No: 1ML 805 903. Retail price is currently around £24 including VAT.

6.jpg

2. You need to shorten the two centre towers so they are the same height as the rest of the splitter, this will allow it to sit flush with the bottom of the bumper. I also shaped the top of these towers to match the radius of the bumper.

8.jpg

3. You need to trim the back section of the splitter to allow it to match the contour of the bumper, its personal preference how much you cut off here, I removed around 13-15mm, this was enough to hide the flat section on the top of the splitter from sight. I used a jigsaw to do this.

9.jpg

4. Cut the sides of the splitter down enough to clear the front tyres when trial fitting... I removed 4.5" at this stage.

5. Offer the splitter up to the car, start securing it with screws from the centre outwards, this will allow you to bend it around the Lupo's bumper.... Slots could be cut into the flat section to allow easier bending, I didn't find this necessary .

2.jpg

I used #8 x15mm stainless steel screws, leaving the locating tags on as they have a raised section which throws the front of the splitter up, counteracting the twist caused by bending it round the narrower Lupo.

7.jpg

6. Trim back the ends, again personal preference here; I finished it off flush with the edge of the bumper. Removing a TOTAL of 158mm

4.jpg

5.jpg

3.jpg

Hope this helps.

** ALL USER GUIDES ARE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OF THE AUTHOR, NOT CLUB LUPO **

Edited by nfbr