did anyone buy a lupo new?

ermmurray

Its not just a defect. my mum was driving it once and it was a windy day and the door slipped out her hand and the door went open rather quick and the door has never sat straight since, plus its quite a common problem anyway, cheap fix, did it myself and a couple of mates. :)

Cheers, James.

my mate bought a gti on finance in 03 he got pissed off with it after a year, he sold it his dad

who still has it, he lives in my dads street, so i often try and point my remote to his car, and he does it to mine as they look exactly the same

when i came to buy a gti he still had 5k finance outstanding, and i wasnt prepared to pay 5k for a standard car with 65k on although it was 1 owner from new, he has never taken it back for anything under warranty

Edited by torii

and i wasnt prepared to pay 5k for a standard car

For an 04 plate? That would have been a bargain!

Out of interest, what did people pay for theirs when new? My mum paid 9800 for her Sport, which seems cheap

Edited by Defcon5

I have the receipt for my 1.4s for £10,250, sounds really expensive for 8 years ago considering my moms just picked up a brand new swift (with much better spec) for 8k

10250 included options of

mudflaps

mats

pop out rear windows

Sound upgrade (i assume cd player)

bulb kit....WTF!?

Edited by Toot

• 2 weeks later...

Just under £10200 for Petrol sport with metallic paint, Air Conditioning, Cd autochanger (in dash)

I think the TDI was around £9300 with metallic paint only

Both in April 2005

My original 1.0e was £8238.20 which included, Pearl Effect Paint (Jazz Blue) Electric Pack (Electric windows and central locking), Single CD Player, ABS, Front foglights and heated washer jets. This was in April 2000

Can't find the original 2001 invoice for the other TDI

• 3 weeks later...

We have both a Lupo and a Fox:

Lupo has had :

Gearbox,

Top End Engine (Snapped cambelt)

Clutch Fork

PedalBox

Drivers door strap (door dropped)

Brake light switch (3 times)

Electric windows sticking

Snapped coil spring

All in 53000 miles

Fox has had:

One service.

Edited by RedVillan

Mostly by boat though, I imagine Liwi? Impressive though all the same! I can get from East Sussex to Bordeaux with one tank.

RAB

:rolleyes:

fully loaded including my two boys!!

South Manchester A34 - Hull M62 (2-3hrs depending on the traffic outside Leeds...!!!!!) :o

Hull - Rotterdam (night ferry) B)

Rotterdam through NL ->Germany up top Fehmarn (~9hrs driving)

Puttgarden - Rödby (1hr ferry)

Rödby and up to Helsingör...(~3hrs)

Helsingör - Helsingborg ...25 min=> HOME!! :lol:

So how long your journey RAB?

:rolleyes:

fully loaded including my two boys!!

South Manchester A34 - Hull M62 (2-3hrs depending on the traffic outside Leeds...!!!!!) :o

Hull - Rotterdam (night ferry) B)

Rotterdam through NL ->Germany up top Fehmarn (~9hrs driving)

Puttgarden - Rödby (1hr ferry)

Rödby and up to Helsingör...(~3hrs)

Helsingör - Helsingborg ...25 min=> HOME!! :lol:

So how long your journey RAB?

Depends which ferry I take. The quickest I have ever done it was about 12 hours door-to-door but that was in my 1946 MG! It was so enjoyable, I hardly stopped at all! Didn't own the 3L then! Used the fast ferry from Newhaven to Dieppe - sadly now defunct. Now it takes longer, mainly because the shorter ferries mean more driving - I don't use motorways unless I have to.

We went once in my wife's 3L with our two teenagers and the cat, but with a roof box, in the height of summer with no A/C! Soon after I bought the A2 (with A/C)!

RAB