The Pea! Wedding Car?! Pg. 9

veedubdude

• 2 weeks later...

Little green giant - kudos on the spot! Wanted it fully road legal, but can swap the front valance over for shows iff required!

Id love an open fronted hot rod like a model B roadster, but can just imagine what the cops would be like...

• 1 month later...

Little Rich - now sorted :blush:

marcus - yes I saw you coming down the hill, looked lush! Thats the reason I logged on here to post a spotted comment!!

Small update - things have been mental the last month or two, so nothing has really been happening with the Pea, apart from a hell of a lot of miles! Drove from Isle of Wight to Isle of Mull, with a few stop offs each way, total = 1400 miles, without even a single hickup. :shades:

So the rebuilt engine has now done 2300 miles, and everything is running beautifully! So going to treat her to another full service; oil change, spark plugs, fuel filter, and air filter clean out.

This will be the third oil change since the rebuild! One after about 100 miles, one after about 800 miles, and now at 2300 miles. After this I will resort to my standard 3000 mile interval services.

May finally have progress on some split rebuilds soon too... ;)

Oh forgot - the coils are now down too; ran out of adjustment, but helper springs are still on upfront, and the adjuster rings are still on out back. I reckon with the other wheels it wont need to go lower anyway!

Photos to follow when I get round to giving her a wash :)

• 5 months later...

Well haven't updated this for quite awhile! Been sorting a few bits and pieces out, mainly:

Trimming the rear strut brace to match the boot (excuse the bits, needs a hoover!)

DSC_0529.jpg

And finally got the compos on! Will get some better pictures when I get a chance, but for now:

DSC_0540.jpg

Sad news however, will be going up for sale in the next week or two... :( Needs must unfortunately.

More pics to follow...