whats different between 1.4s and sport to achieve 25bhp

porschetrimr

so what is different on a 75bhp 's' to make it have 100bhp in a sport????????

as i think im right in saying its essentially the same engine?arent i?

inlet manifold,exhaust manifold,breathing and fuelling ??????????

cheers

dan

I think this subject needs a stickying, its asked quite a lot and is a good question, nobody really seems to have a definitive answer though.

I think this subject needs a stickying, its asked quite a lot and is a good question, nobody really seems to have a definitive answer though.

cheers gazzard i had searched but that thread does nt really answer the question,i didnt want a list of upgrade or gti parts just wondered if anyone knew for sure what real the differences were???and if any were internal? as it always seemed quite a gain for an n/a motor

i can guess as well as the next man but wanted an answer from someone who actually knows

bobbo if a definitive answer does come up it would be a good sticky

cheers guys

dan

This is what i've managed to find out so far

Differences

1. Throttle body - Sport has a bigger throttle - non sports have a tiny throttle body.

2. Inlet manifold - I gather that this is plastic on the non sports and suspect that it is smaller aswell

3. Cams - Sport has lairier cams -

4. ECU - Dont know whether they share the same ECU or not but obviously the sport has a different map

5. Exhaust manifold - ?

6. Exhaust - Sport obviously has a different exhaust - assuming just a better cat and designed for better flow.

7. Internals - ?

What you can do

1. Throttle body - depending on your TB (either DBW (Drive By Wire) or cable) you can get a sport or GTi TB. Early sports came with cable TB's, however the rest are DBW - This will require a remap afterwards and a matching inlet manifold.

2. Same as above, take one off a sport or GTi

3. Cams - not really worth doing in my opinion if your wanting to only reach sport power, however if you want to change them, go for cat or shrick.

4.ECU - Get it remapped - Awesome GTi did some development in late 08 on every model lupo and offer them at a good price - the 1.4 non sport actually had the most impressive gains overall!

5. Exhaust manifold - raceland dont make a specific manifold for a lupo, you can get a polo one and bend it to fit though. The only aftermarket manifold available is made by Ashley and isnt stainless, its made of mild steel.

6. Dont bother trying to fit a sport centre exit as your spare wheel well is too deep, sports and GTi had shallower wells and carried a space saver. Go for a custom stainless exhaust with a good sports cat.

Other stuff

1. Blank off your warm air feed.

2. Get a good induction kit - BMC CDA, Pipercross etc - Awesome make a custom effort with an aftermarket filter which they got results with when developing the remaps.

Anyone please feel free to chop and edit this, or add anything they know

Edited by bobbo

pmsl@ cobblers

boobo cheers thats exactly what i was after

tbh its not for the loop ,i just bought an audi a2 with the 1.4 75bhp motor and was thinking it should respond to the same mods???

need to look into it more but that gives me some food for thought

cheers

dan

I've been told only one of the cams on the Sport is different to the 75bhp models. Can't remember which was round it was, I'm sure it was the Inlet cam that was different and the Exhaust cam that was the same. Also somebody mentioned the GTi Uses different exhaust and inlet cams than the sport/75hp.

I'd double check that though as it is posted on here somewhere along the lines!

linky: http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?sho...p;hl=sport+cams

Edited by nfbr

The exhaust on the Sport is a GTI exhaust but with a different chrome tip...

Looking carefully at the design you will see that both the Sport and GTI exhaust are twin exit. Those that are too lazy to look properly for 2 seconds will say it's single exit.

Sorry to bring an old thread back up but I'm unclear about the cams. What parts would I need to change in order to upgrade? I've sourced some of the other parts for when I have some cash but need to know about this. Thanks :D