:D Newbiee - Ups & downs of a lupo?

shancy a fag

Alright guys, im kinda new to this but i was wondering if you could answer some of my questions so im sure to buy the best & be happy with my loop

1.whats the best lupo to buy? regarding engine size?

2. How big is the back? will it fit your mates & maybe your birds fat friend ? haha

3. How much would it cost to lower the lupo?

4. Im really into the blue lupos & iv seen some really neat ones on here, but i was wondring whats the do's & dont's of alloys, size, colour etc?

and last thing, are there any bad points of buying a lupo?

thanks guys

:D

lol. since your username and first post is quite witty i'll answer your q's

1. Lupo GTi is the best, but I like TDi's too

2. Not very big, should fit a fat bird in, but how fat are we talking?

3. Coilovers start at 190 quid, which will get you lower than your standards after a few bottles of buckfast

4. Use your imagination with alloys, it's all personal taste, as long as you do your own thing and enjoy your car thats all that matters

Welcome to the forum

Engine depends on what you want !

I wouldn't advise the 1.0 engine

1.4, 1.4 sport, 1.6 GTi, or 1.4 TDi are the best engines

depends how tall you are as to how much room they'll have in the back

I have to have my seat as far back as possible :/ people in the back have no leg room lol

I'm only 5'9 and I have the seat quite far back, so much that anyone behind me would complain. The boot is not just small, but hilariously small.

As for alloys, please don't do what 90% of new lupo owners do and put some Ronal turbos on. Nice wheel, but too obvious! Think outside the box - Perhaps look at what other cars are 4x100 fitment, and not just hatchbacks. Think big saloons, or little sports cars. You can save money and get something a bit different this way :)

If you just want low, a set of coilovers will be about £200. Not comfy, not amazing handling, but low. If you want a bit more refinement, spend £300+

im 6ft 3 and have tto have the seat right back and quite abit tilt in chair, ppl always complain about sitting behind me but managed get some pretty tall, although thin people behind me! people alwyas complain about the size of the boot, how ever i play ice hockey and manage get my bag in comfortably!

yeah nice wheels and lowered does the job, just wish time would hurry up so i can get mine lowered!

Buy a 1.6 GTi

The boot is big enough for your golf shoes but golf clubs will have to squeeze across the back seats

There is i find quite alot of room in the front for an ordinary person, looks quite deceiving from the outside. You are the driver, why would you care about how comfy everyone else is, they should be thankful for the lift

And a set of coilovers with some nice wheels sets the car off nicely [Cheap coilovers £200 ranging upto K&W's around £800??]

All in all a very well built car that is nippy and looks good

They are also very cheap in todays economy so snap one up while you can

For the money they are going for i cant think of any other cars that compare to it in terms of reliability, looks, economy and safety as i think theyr 4/5 star rated ?

If you plan on cramming it full of people or luggage go buy a common Golf :)