bonnet bra numbers

Clarkie

hey guys last weekend i went to my local interior place and ask about getting one made but they said it would be rely pricey around £300 and as you can buy one for a lupo for around £60 i decided it just wernt worth it, but i had a little thought could you buy a lupo bonnet bra either second hand off some one or brand new and just alter it to fit a arosa??? the lupo bonnet bra would be slightly bigger so it wouldnt be that hard would it???

just an idea :-)

The bonnet is the same size as the Arosa, only problem is the headlights, they are totally different shapes compared to the lupo!

It would be to difficult to modify a lupo bra due to the nature of the leather! Plus you could rowen a perfectly good lupo bonnet bra if it does not work!

The bonnet is the same size as the Arosa, only problem is the headlights, they are totally different shapes compared to the lupo!

It would be to difficult to modify a lupo bra due to the nature of the leather! Plus you could rowen a perfectly good lupo bonnet bra if it does not work!

yea but thay aint evan made out of real leather. well just an idea reli

:-)

yea but thay aint evan made out of real leather. well just an idea reli

:-)

I think they are all made out of real leather, I like your idea but its to much like hard work to modify one and I think it will end up messy looking!

I was toying with the idea of modifying a Mk3 Golf bra as I think that would be the closest match to a Mk1 Arosa.

I hope they are no where near the £300 you were quoated, its a good market for who ever makes them because I think they will sell alot of them!

Yeah i was looking to see if something like an ibiza could be modded but didnt really have a clue.

Its not really worth it IMO, by the time you have brought one and then got it modifyed by a trimmer it will probably be cheaper to start from scratch!

Yeah or cheaper to buy the dr colour chips stuff. haha.

Mate, my bonnet has gone past that point lol, really need to get it repainted now as it looks awful! or cover it with a bonnet bra :lol:

mine is being made probably next week

I'll get some pix and prices up once it's done

Who is making your's? Is your mum's place doing it and can they make more?

I didn't get to go to my local trimmers today but I will go tomorrow!

ye she doing it, its my step mum and her son matty_mk1 on editions has a bonnet bra on his mk1 cabby and A3 so she knows what she has to make, she jsut happens that she has some material left over from a recent job (accidentally over estimated and got lots left over for a bra :P)

she is going to make mine hopefully in the next week or so, ill get some pics up and i've told her that i have plenty of interest and im sure she would be happy to make more

ye she doing it, its my step mum and her son matty_mk1 on editions has a bonnet bra on his mk1 cabby and A3 so she knows what she has to make, she jsut happens that she has some material left over from a recent job (accidentally over estimated and got lots left over for a bra :P)

she is going to make mine hopefully in the next week or so, ill get some pics up and i've told her that i have plenty of interest and im sure she would be happy to make more

Cool dude, well I price them up to and I will get back to you tomorrow! Im sure your step mum will be cheaper!

i would expect probably the 60 poundish mark but that is a bit of a guess.

i hope to have mine made before ultimate street car if anyone is going so you can have a look then (dont think anyone from around here has got a stand but find me in the camping site)

once my mk1 bra is done then the template will be sorted and shouldnt be too bad on making more, issues are is if people are wanting a mk2 bra has i dont know anybody around here who has one where we can get a template from

• 3 weeks later...